Dr.Boisvert waiting times

daretodream2016
on 1/25/16 8:34 am

Hi everyone i'm just wondering if anyone has gotten to see Dr.Boisvert recently and how long you waited ? My Dr. finally agreed to refer me about a month ago but would only refer me to one Dr. so I chose Boisvert in hopes his wait time was less, his secretary told me 4-7 yrs though LOL I am just wondering if thats about the right time frame i'm looking at :)

Megall
on 1/31/16 5:42 pm - Canada

My referral went into Boisvert in November 2014.  

March 2015 I had my GI scope done in Moncton.

Late November 2015 I received my information package from Boisvert's office, early December I returned my patient self assessment. 

January 2016 I have now completed my two appointments with the dietitian.

Now I am waiting to hear back from Boisvert's office to go for my first appointment to meet with him.

I am hoping with how fast things are moving that I will be in and out by this spring.  

Megall
on 1/31/16 5:44 pm - Canada

I forgot to mention that in the beginning I was told that wait times were 4-7 years as well.  Hopefully your journey will move along as smoothly and quickly as mine is :)

Jamie86
on 2/9/16 6:09 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

Hi

His Secretary, when you call the office tells everyone that.  

Its closer to about 2 years from when your referral goes in to when your sleeved, I just think he doesn't want to have the whole province change their referrals to him because he doesn't do only weight-loss surgery and only gets OR time at the DECH on Thursdays and his are first to be re-booked, But I do know and have seen 2 people speed up their process with him.

#1 if you are a smoker you have to be quite for a full 6 months before will operate, I was told when I filled out the paperwork that at that point my surgery date could have been 6 months from the next day if I quite that day. 

#2 he wont see you in his office until you have seen his dietitian twice, Her name is Catherine McCain. He wants you to see her twice before and twice after surgery. She is located at the superstore on Smeith street in Fredericton. You don't have to have a referral to start seeing her. Just call her and make an appointment. Her cost is 75$ per appointment but I think she now charges for the 4 appointments up front so you will actually go to her for your 2 appointments after. 

#3 He wants you to complete a 2 week prep full fluid diet before he sees you in the office, he wants you to track all the calories, carbs and amounts. If you dont know what full fluid diet is its anything that pours like milk, with the exception of jello and pudding. Basically he wants you to work out all the bugs of the pre-op diet before you have to it for surgery, and he wants to make sure you know what to expect and that you will be able to stick to it. 

#4 show results- If you can show a little progress from where you started to actually loosing 10-15 lbs from seeing Catherine and the liquid diet he will be more likely to book you quickly. 

If you cover all those areas and tell the secretary that the next time you call that you have already been doing your part she will let him know and he will get your ball rolling provided you meet his criteria. I believe he wont operate on anyone over 55 or is considered high risk. aka 500-600 LBS major heart issues, etc. 

The other thing to remember about DR Boisvert is he doesn't go by referral date like most DR's he chooses patients and from what I have seen he is perfectly fine with putting someone who is trying to help them selves over someone who is looking for a "quick fix" so to speak but doesn't want to actually change anything. 

Best of Luck :) 

Jamie 

Surgery Date February 19th, 2015..... Cancelled due to the DECH in Fredericton not having any Beds :( 

Re-booked for March 19th, 2015

Goal #1 - Training for Mudd Sweat and Tears on August 15th, 2015 - all 10km's completed! 

Goal #2 - Achieving Goal weight!

Jamie86
on 2/9/16 6:11 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

I have no idea why the font and sizes on my post look so weird! LOL 

and I see my ticker is still not working. 

currently at 168 :) 

Surgery Date February 19th, 2015..... Cancelled due to the DECH in Fredericton not having any Beds :( 

Re-booked for March 19th, 2015

Goal #1 - Training for Mudd Sweat and Tears on August 15th, 2015 - all 10km's completed! 

Goal #2 - Achieving Goal weight!

crishna76
on 2/15/16 10:52 am
VSG on 03/14/16

@Daretodream2016 I was referred approx 1.5 years ago and I am now finishing up with the dietitian and waiting on my appointment from Dr. Boisvert. I called today 2.15.16  and they are out for the week. I'm curious to see when I can expect an appointment for surgery. In the meant time I am going soup crazy. I hope this helps set your expectations.  I'll let you know how I make out. :)

brodyceno
on 4/7/16 9:08 pm

My doc finally got around to sending my referal to Dr. Boisvert after almost 5 months of waiting.  At 25 years old, 6ft tall and hovering around 400 lbs with little to no serious health conditions,  I am praying that I look like an ideal candidate to him!  Of course his secretary said 4-7 years, but based on all of your posts I am really hoping it will be 2 or less.  Lets just hope there hasn't been a significant increase in referals this past year!!

Megall
on 4/8/16 4:34 pm - Canada

So, I had to go an have another scope done.  This time it was done here at the DECH, and Dr. Boisvert was the one doing the scope himself.  That happened on March 22, and I go in to his office this Tuesday (April 12th) for my last appointment and to sign my consent forms.  I will have a surgery date when I leave.  I was told that booking a surgery date might be 1-2 months out.  But who cares, I'll have a date, and I'll know, and can start making the last preparations.  So from initial referral to consent form signing for me was 1 year 5 months.  So exciting!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views