We are off!!!!

CTelly
on 7/8/16 6:13 am

Morning everyone, 

New here( first post)...Got the call June 8th, for Dr. Boisvert in Fredericton 

Referral was sent April 1, 2015...so you can imagine how happy I was when I got the call

I have had my pre-op blood work and my first visit with the diatician( second one July 20th ) 

started exercise, food diary and have managed to take 10 lbs already!

is anyone else is doing this same process with Dr. Boisvert right now? or in the past? 

how fast did the everything move for you, how long were you in Hospital, how long before going back to work? 

I am so elated to have finally started! Sorry for all the questions..I know kinda a heavy post for my first time !!!

Have a great day 

AMAZEBALLS
on 7/8/16 10:48 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Hi,

Just want to start by saying Welcome to the group! You are already doing great and I am sure you will do great after surgery as well! I had mine in Moncton with Dr Beausoleil in April of this year. I was in the hospital for 2 nights and I was off work for 6 weeks (I think he usually only gives 5?).

Good Luck! And keep us posted on your journey!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

CTelly
on 7/8/16 12:42 pm

Wow,

AMAZEBALLS your ticker says 50.5 lbs lost that is a big WAY TO GO!!!

thanks for the welcome!

I was hoping to return to work a little sooner than that, but I guess it's a big transition.

Haven't seen Dr. Boisvert yet, just the Dietician but learned so much. 

hoping everything moves along smoothly, I know that there are a few surgeons going on maternity leave so I am hoping he gets more OR time, or it could work the opposite and he will have to pick up their slack as he does Generasurgeryry as well!!!

I guess only time will tell, I have waited this long! It is so good to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

AMAZEBALLS
on 7/8/16 12:49 pm - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Thank you! Yes 50lbs lost and it feels amazing! :)

I am sure you would ready to go to work much sooner if you prefer. I wanted as much time off as possible. Lol. My co-worker actually could have gone back to work after a week as she felt really great. I wanted to stay home and adjust to my new life.

It is a long wait, but well worth it :)

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Megall
on 7/12/16 5:52 pm - Canada

I had my sleeve with Dr. Boisvert this spring.  My referral was sent in November 2014

January 18 2016 I had my first meeting with Catherine McCain.

Jan 27 2016 I had my second meeting with Catherine McCain.  I also began my two week trial liquid diet a day or two after this.

March 9 2016 was my first meeting with Dr. Boisvert.  He went over the surgery and potential complications and outcome, gave me a ton of information.

April 12 2016 I went back for my second appointment with Dr. Boisvert to sign my consent forms.  His receptionist booked me in for my surgery before I left my appointment that day, and I was given May 9th 2016 as my sleeve date.  

So from the first meeting with the dietitian it was roughly four months until I got my sleeve surgery.  The time flew by though because I was focusing on the liquid diet, and had to have two scopes and some blood work done in the meantime.  

When I had my sleeve (it was a Monday morning) I was so sick from the anesthetic that they kept me in a bit longer.  I couldn't even start to try to drink water until my second evening there because I was so nauseous.  I was discharged on Thursday morning because Tuesday evening I had started drinking my water, and Wednesday I had progressed from liquids to the full fluids diet just fine.  I ended up taking 4 weeks off from work, as my job is physical and requires me to lift a variety of different weights.  

I had my 2 month check up with Dr. Boisvert and Catherine McCain today, and have been cleared for all foods!  Today is a very exciting day for me!  I have 43 lbs gone, and am excited for the rest of my journey.  If you have any questions at all please feel free to message me, or ask them right here! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1740 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1739 views