workouts / exercise?

better_life_ahead
on 7/23/16 8:48 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Hey all, just wondering what everyone does for workouts / exercise? 

do you go to the gym? workout at home?

Thanks!

amandajean35
on 7/30/16 6:34 am - Canada

Hey I walk around my town almost daily for about 45 minutes. I also bought kettle bell weights for home that I lift three days a week. I looked up different exercises to do with them online.  For my I didn't like the gym. I'm struggling with the excess skin bothering me.  I had my vsg surgery April 2015 and My starting weight was 300lbs now I'm maintaining at 150bs for the past few months. when you find something that you enjoy it's easier to stick to. 

better_life_ahead
on 7/30/16 7:45 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

It's impossible for me to go to the gym to be able to have a normal routine. Because i need to take care of the kids during the day and then work nights. I have an elliptical and a stationary bike. we stored the bike in the shed for now since the baby and no extra room, so i like to do the elliptical at least a few times a week. I also just recently finished 3 rounds of 21 day fix and will soon start the Chalean Extreme when it arrives. Working out in house is what works for me for now, maybe I'd be able to go to the gym in a few years once the baby starts school.

Megall
on 8/3/16 7:19 pm - Canada

I do some walking, some swimming, and have DDP Yoga DVD's at home as well as Les Mills Body Combat DVD's that I bought through the Beachbody program.  I try to get to the gym at least twice a week because I find I push myself harder there.  I'm in Fredericton, and I enjoy going to Dynamic Training Centre.  If you are in the area you should check it out, you can get a free 3 visit pass to try it out and see if you enjoy it.  It's not your typical gym, it's group class focused, and also offers personal training if that's your thing.

AMAZEBALLS
on 8/10/16 9:22 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

I don't really workout. I take walks sometimes...and work out with the physio when I go see her...that's about it for now. Hoping to start working out at home. I have a treadmill, elliptical, free weights, elastic bands and other equipment. Physio is really helping with telling me what I could do at home :)

I used to go to GoodLife and aqua aerobics and aqua spinning before having my kids and loved it, just would not have time to go now.

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page