One Year Update

WenNB
on 8/25/16 11:23 am

I haven't been on here in a while and took some time today to read some posts. 

Hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss and new lifestyle! 

I had my VSG surgery Aug 24/15, one year and a day ago. Lots of positive changes since then. I've lost 153 lbs (169 lost from my heaviest) , with 6 more to my goal. I'll still be considered overweight on the BMI scale, but my health is 100% better and I feel great! 

This was the best decision for my health, and even with the waiting through the whole process it was so worth it. Doctors have quoted studies that show that most weight loss programs only have a 5% success rate long-term, with the exception of weight loss surgery. So if someone tells you it's the easy way out, it certainly isn't. It just gives you a tool to work with to make it permanent. I had lost over 120 pounds ten years ago, then gained it all back and more, but this time have a totally different outlook and attitude to staying healthy and feel most of that is due to the surgery and education process.

Wishing everyone well. Remember, it's worth it, even with the struggles and stalls and frustrations. Never give up! 

Cindy F.
on 8/26/16 9:03 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Congratulations on your success! The VSG is definitely a game changer for the better. I feel we've been blessed with this procedure and try to honor it by keeping the weight off. It's not easy to maintain the loss and continue to lose but after going through the whole process, I'm determined to succeed. Thanks for the update and may you enjoy continued good health.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

better_life_ahead
on 8/26/16 9:44 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Congrats !! Definitely not an easy journey!

KL_Girl
on 9/3/16 1:31 pm

You have done so well! Congrats!  Make sure you tell us once you reach your goal!  Thanks for sharing!

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/12/16 11:15 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Congrats on your success!  Love hearing updates

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow