Anyone know which weight loss surgeries Dr. Boisvert performs?

threadtheneedle
on 11/14/16 7:53 am

I've been referred (YAY!) and I was wondering which type(s) of weightloss surgery Dr. Boisvert performs. Sleeve? RNY? 

Megall
on 11/14/16 9:10 am - Canada

If I remember correctly he only performs the sleeve.  That's what I got, it's what I wanted.

threadtheneedle
on 11/14/16 10:38 am

okay, thanks for the info. I was hoping for RNY but I'll take whatever I can get at this point... 

Megall
on 11/14/16 12:12 pm - Canada

I love my sleeve, for me it was the best choice.  If you don't want the sleeve you can try one of the other doctors (Bathurst or Moncton I think)  Also, if you do go with the sleeve there is always an option for a revision down the road if you still want the  RNY.  In my research I learned that the sleeve was the  first part of the RNY operation for super obese patients.  They would sleeve them and have them lose weight over the course of a year, making it easier and safer for them to complete the RNY surgery a year later.  The sleeve was born as it's own procedure when doctors discovered that patients were doing well with weight loss with just the initial procedure.  So don't despair, if you still want RNY and DO go with the sleeve there is always options to revise later!  Talk to Boisvert about it and see what he thinks is the best option for you.  

threadtheneedle
on 11/14/16 12:32 pm

I definitely am going to listen to Boisvert and see what he thinks. I'm probably just being stupid. A sleeve is probably a perfect solution for me. My wanting RNY is mostly around it having a higher average percent of weight loss, but it does come with a bucket of extra issues/risks. 

Sidenote: You're super helpful and I really appreciate all your advice and info!

Megall
on 11/30/16 6:48 pm - Canada

Oh gosh, nothing stupid about it!  You want to be well informed about your choices and what would work best for you.  For sure ask Dr. Boisvert what success he has seen with the sleeve, and ask about RNY as well.  Also, do some research on your own.  Search other forums, watch YouTube videos of people describing their experience and journeys with both surgeries, and read up on the surgical process of both.  

Which ever surgery you do end up going for is still going to have to come with a new outlook, and a new mindset about food.  Some days it's easy to stick with the plan.  Other days it is still a bit of a mental battle.   Good luck with your decision!  Please let us know what happens.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1041 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1894 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1749 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1748 views