New - Currently Waiting

ambarnaby
on 2/6/17 11:35 am

Hey everyone,

I just found this Forum today. I'm currently on the wait list for Dr. Savoie in Bathurst NB. I was told i would be waiting another 2.5 years.

I tried to get into Quebec where the wait is only 7 months but found out they won't take any clients who don't have a QC medicare. So has anyone else been waiting a long time? What are you doing to prepare yourself? 

Also, for anyone whose gone through this what should I expect? Do they contact me for consults before the wait time is over? 

Nice meeting you all, I'm Ashley BTW. :)

aliciamcknight
on 2/6/17 6:01 pm - Marrtown, Canada

Hi Ashley

Welcome!! You could try Dr Boisvert in Fredericton.  I was on his list for just over a year before I got in.  Fingers crossed that you get in before the 2.5 years!   We have a secret facebook support group if you would like to join.  Message me and I will add you.  Alicia Beach McKnight.

Good luck in your journey!!!!!

zen4ever
on 5/28/17 2:50 am

I had my name in for both Dr. Savoie and Dr. Boisvert. I was referred to Dr. Savoie in March 2015 and a month or so later to Dr. Boisvert. I received my first call from Dr. Boisvert;s office in Nov 2016. I have had my consultation with him, and was told I was a good candidate for the surgery. He said it would be done in 2-3 months, that was May 10th. I would love to join your Facebook group as I am looking for tips to help with stages 3 , 4 and 5. I already did the two week trial of stage 3, but any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Janeegood
on 2/9/17 7:27 pm

I am currently waiting for my surgery date with Dr Savoie, my referral was sent March of 2013. You could put your name in with Boisvert, and there is one in Fredericton as well, just don't take your name off Savoie list.  They all seem to have a wait list which tells me we need more Drs. Once you get the call, it goes pretty fast.

CrazyCatLady506
on 10/21/17 2:27 am
KL_Girl
on 3/2/17 3:50 am

Just wanted to say WELCOME!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve