Financing for out of Province clinic

Sherrile
on 9/14/17 6:27 am

Hi there, I was just placed on the waiting list for Dr. Beausoleil in Moncton. When I called the receptionist she told me that they are currently working on 2011 referrals. I do not want to wait this long. Has anyone had any success with getting medicare to pay for a portion of surgery out of province? I was looking into a private clinic in ON but it is $19,000. WAY TOO MUCH $$ for me. Who has been here? Suggestions? thanks in advance.

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/17 6:20 am

No clue about out of province referral but I would suggest you get your refferal sent everywhere. There is a clinic in Bathurst also and I believe in fredericton.

Sherrile
on 9/15/17 7:46 am

thank you for your reply. I really don't want to have to wait the 5-6 years. It's too bad people have to go through this to get a handle on their health.

Anyone have experience self paying in Ontario? or Quebec? I am just not sure I can swing it.

Sunnyskiesahead
on 12/14/17 6:51 am

I had my surgery in Moncton and I had to wait 7 years. Put the wait out of your mind and do what you can to make your life better now. By the time you get the call you will be prepared to make the further changes in your life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1740 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1739 views