OT: Help! What do you do?

LooseCannon
on 1/16/08 9:50 pm - NC
I am getting a *&$%*@# cold sore!!!!!!! Seems like I get one whenever I finish a course of antibiotics. Does that even make sense? I got a script once for Denivir but I really don't want to go to the doctor just for that. Has anyone tried Abreva? Guess I'm gonna.  Just wondering of there's a magic bullet. Thanks guys!!!! Mare  I HATE BLEMISHES!!!!!!!!!!! hee
First visit with surgeon 2/07-383lbs  Day of surgery 2/08-336lbs  Current-226lbs

Aunt_DeeDee
on 1/16/08 9:57 pm, edited 1/16/08 9:58 pm - Zebulon, NC
From a gal who has had fever blisters since I was a little girl... Abreva, although VERY expensive, is GREAT.  I used some about 2 weeks ago, religiously all day for days, and it dried up faster than ever. Also, I swear by Herpecin L.  It comes in a "tube" like chapstick.  It has a quick numbing effect (AND healing too) and I keep some in my car, by my chair, in my pocketbook, etc. and start putting it on at that first twinge.  Run get some!

Wendy    
305/292/213/199   (Start/DOS/CURRENT/1st GOAL)

misslaurap
on 1/16/08 10:41 pm - Raleigh, NC
I have some acyclovir I can get you if you want some...  I have it here in my office, it works awesome
R S
on 1/17/08 12:03 am
I know up front that this sounds stupid. I know it doesn't make sence, but I have been doing it for 25 years and it works. When you first feel the itch, burn of a cold sore, or as soon as possible, take a laxative. Just enough to make you go one time. You will have to experiment with brands and amounts to figure out what is good for you.  It stops the sore in its tracks. If you take it in time, the sore won't even come out. It will just be gone. If you are late.....well, it stops the progress but you may still have a little. I know this sounds dumb, I know it sounds gross, but I have not had a cold sore in 25 years!!!!!! I carry laxative with me all of the time. Just try it one time. Ramona
Ramona
You can make the choice to have joy, to find joy and spread joy.
spark
on 1/17/08 12:45 am - NC
Abreva is the way to go! If I can get it on there at the first tingle it doesn't show up at all. If it is there the Abreva will make it go away fast. Best of luck!
LooseCannon
on 1/17/08 6:59 am - NC
sounds crazy enough to work. thanks
First visit with surgeon 2/07-383lbs  Day of surgery 2/08-336lbs  Current-226lbs

Aunt_DeeDee
on 1/17/08 5:07 am - Zebulon, NC
Another thing I've done is at the first twitch, I put ICE on the thing.  And keep it there for as long as I can stand it.  Sometimes I do think that keeps it from blowing up so big so fast. 

Wendy    
305/292/213/199   (Start/DOS/CURRENT/1st GOAL)

Reenie07
on 1/17/08 6:08 am, edited 1/17/08 6:08 am - Fort Mill, SC
Hey Mare, I have used Abreva. It  does work!  I would also use Romona's advise also, it will be a bonus weight loss for you. I always get one when I'm stressed or nervous.  So, what did I get the day before surgery, I looked bad enough going in to the OR, It was just something else they could talk about during the procedure. Reenie

"The difficult is that which is done immediately; the impossible is that which takes a little longer." - George Santayana
Jennifer P.
on 1/17/08 6:39 am - Monroe, NC
(Hijack!  Sorry Mare!)   THERE YOU ARE REENIE!  I have been wondering where you were hiding.  I was actually going to call you tonight to make sure all is well!  I was worried!!! 
324/180/149 -  31 pounds below goal!!!
Start/Goal/Current

LooseCannon
on 1/17/08 7:02 am - NC
Can we please just focus on my blemish?? LMAO just kidding... xoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1604 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1632 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2664 views