Vitamin Defiency ???

kilmarlic
on 2/4/08 3:13 am - powells point, NC
A few weeks ago as I was lurking around the OH site I came across a post about someone's feet bruning and the possible cause being a vitamin defiency. Does anyone remember reading that or Know where it  was? My Boss is curious about it.  Thanks for the help - Iris
Jennifer K.
on 2/4/08 3:31 am - Phoenix , AZ
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/burning-feet/HQ00362

Answer

Burning feet may be a temporary problem, such as due to athlete's foot or sensitivities to fabrics or leather dyes. But when this symptom occurs over a longer period, it can indicate a more serious disorder and should be evaluated by a doctor.

One such cause of chronic burning feet is sensory peripheral neuropathy. This results from damage to the nerves that transmit sensation from the arms, hands, legs and feet to the brain. Causes of sensory peripheral neuropathy include:

• Diabetes
  • Alcohol abuse
  • Nutritional deficiencies, such as vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia (pernicious anemia)

Treatment of burning feet is directed at the underlying condition, if known. To help relieve discomfort, try these tips:

• Wear socks made of cotton — which allows your feet to "breathe" — rather than synthetic fabrics.
  • Avoid standing for long periods.
  • Take a pain reliever when needed.
  • Bathe your feet in cool water.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

kilmarlic
on 2/4/08 4:45 am - powells point, NC
Thank You !! Thank You !! Thank YOu!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views