3 years and 150lbs

Sookie77
on 6/18/13 10:00 pm - Milton, NH

3 years ago this month I was in the hospital recovering from my bypass surgery.  I was scared, hopeful, nervous, elated and surprised that I had made it through the surgery and started my post op recovery with no pain meds (not that I didn’t want them I just found out I was allergic to morphine).  My 3 days in the hospital was a bumpy one but it was where I needed to be. 

I remember thinking I was crazy because I could never do it before but in the back of my mind I knew this was the one thing I could do, I would do and I needed to do.  I had the support of my husband who was 1 year out from his surgery, my children who were old hat at what was not allowed in the house and friends who had also been through the same thing. 

The weight came off, not as fast as I wanted it too, but it came off.  I struggled with self image, and not getting down to where the Dr’s said I should be, but in the end I am where I need to be.  I am hit a plateau at 155 and stayed there for almost 2 years and that is where I want to be. 

Life happens things change and so do our bodies, I am finding it hard to keep myself in check and after 3 years I have had my fist gain of more than 5 lbs and that has made me look in the mirror and what I am putting into my mouth again.  (I COOK TOO MUCH!!!!)

I know what habits need to change and I have started making those changes again.   I am walking everyday; I am drinking more water and eating less junk.  I am also helping a friend who is just starting the program which means I am getting a refresher and a kick in the a$$ that I need.

I am not perfect, nor do I want to be but I know today that I made the best decision for my life by having this surgery and I am so grateful for all of you for being here and supporting me through this life change.

Hugs and Love and may your day and journey be more than you ever dreamed it could be.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

tgrlnh
on 6/19/13 3:49 am
RNY on 06/05/12

You look amazing and Kuddos to you for making the changes that you need in order to fulfill your goal!

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

Sookie77
on 6/19/13 7:14 pm - Milton, NH

Thank you!!! I see the difference already down 1 pound this week.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 440 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 773 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1529 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 4997 views