- HEALTH TRACKER
REASON: A few of you have mentioned you’d like to get together for a dinner. We can sit around, meet each other, share our trials and tribulations and maybe a few laughs. While we want to help each other lose, maybe we can also help each other gain … a new friend or two (or 5).
EVERYONE is invited to come. It doesn’t matter which operation you had, or even if you haven’t had a procedure yet, or maybe you’re just “thinking” about it !! COME and have a good time !!
If your apprehensive in attending, let me assure you – you will have a good time. There is NO JUDGING !! We are tolerant of each other’s decisions. In addition, if it means anything, the Food Police are banned from our gathering.
Each time we do this, I will try to “move” the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone.
This time we’re in the “Central” section of the Garden State !!
Place: Omega Diner
Location: 1337 US Highway 1, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902 (732) 745-2628
Time: 5:30 p.m. it is understandable that not everyone can arrive at this time, so come WHENEVER. We probably won’t order until 6:30 p.m..
Menu / Website:
In the meantime, for the “meeting newbies” here are some meeting request. I hope I don't offend anyone - it's not meant to be that. Just helpful.
(1) If you want a separate check, please let the server know prior to taking the orders. It’s a hassle to ask the server to do this later on. And some places won’t do this if the crowd is too numerous.
(2) Usually when we do a group meeting, I like to divide check by the total number of folks at the table, instead of trying to figure out who had what. (If someone brings more than one person, they multiple the total owed by the number of people they have). Now I understand if you only order a coffee and someone else has a Filet Mignon with a 5 lbs Lobster – then we can address that more diplomatically.
(3) Please bring CASH (unless you want a separate check). And please make sure you have an assortment of bills. It’s really difficult to make change when everyone brings only 20’s.
(4) Bring a CAMERA!! Even if you are like me and camera shy, you’ll still want to take some photos of the folks who are there. I don’t have one or I would.
(5) Bring “proof” of your former self. Nothing says “how far you have come” like older photos. Even if you lost only 1 pound, bring your “before” pictures (and at the last meeting we all agree we hate that word only. Be proud of any amount of weight you lost).
(6) Please feel free to post and link this on any other forum you peruse (ex. Lapband, Realize band, RNY, VBG, VSB, etc). The more the merrier !!
(7) Print your Obesity Help “Membership” card so we hand them out. If you don’t know how to do this, send me an personal message, and I will send you the instructions.
Remember this is a GROUP effort. Please feel free to add your suggestion and/or voice your opinion on any suggestion. AND NO HARD FEELING – this is meant to be a pleasant experience
For those who haven’t had the operation yet – you too are more the welcome to come. In fact, you are encouraged to come!! This would be a ‘true-life’ learning experience to see “life after the operation”. You will be able to hear what our ups-and-downs are, and you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you want. Other “up-comers” have come, and found it interesting and educational.
Significant others and/or kids are also welcomed (however you may want to leave them behind so you can really enjoy yourself – it’s up to you)
Finally, please feel free to tell ANYONE you think may be interested, and since I cannot post on every board, feel free to copy and paste this on the boards you frequent.