Where do i start!?

Kaylee49
on 7/1/12 3:40 am
Hey guys! I have just considered the possibility of getting lap-band surgery.I have all my research done about recovery etc, but the only thing I am having difficulty with is locating a doctor in Newfoundland to really get the ball rolling.  Could someone help me out? I would really like to start this new chapter in my life :)
unnoticed33
on 7/1/12 2:28 pm
 Hi Kaylee, 

I am wonering the samething is there a doctor in Newfoundland that does this surgery? 
maxinestead
on 8/20/12 7:07 am - St. John's, Canada
I am new to the site and looking to talk with someone about losing weight thru surgery. I have not done alot of reserach and would love to talk with someone who has some knowledge about the various procedures.

I am married and operating a small business as a busy photography living in CBS with two small children. My weight is out of control and I am very depressed. I need to take action but do not know where to start. Do you have any advise for me and would you be interested in getting together for a chat. I would also  be interested in starting a support group for those interested.

Sincerely,

Maxine Stead
newfie-mama
on 8/23/12 1:28 pm - St. John's, Canada
 Hi Maxine;

I am apart ot the Facebook group it is a private group and you do need to be invited to the group. If you would like me to invite then just Add me to your FB and email me and remind me that I am doing it for you. I am listed on FB as Denise Tucker Bradley. 

The group has pre and post people. I have found them to be great support and a wealth of information.

[email protected]
maxinestead
on 8/24/12 10:39 am - St. John's, Canada
Thanks so much for the advice and I will do that for sure. You are a gem.
Mary C.
on 8/21/12 7:28 pm - Glovertown, Canada
 Sorry to chime  in,  an online support group on facebook - for people wanting bariatric surgery as far as I know - Dr. David Pace - does bariatric surgery at the HSC in St.  John's, NL.  I de-activated myself  as a member a while back. Differing opinons and all that. Try gettng your family doc  to writing a consult for
you to Dr. Dr. David Pace --- HSC> Take care!!!!!  

Most Active