Support Group in St. John's / Surrounding Area

KaylaD
on 12/7/12 6:53 pm - Canada
Is there anyone interested in starting a support group? Or maybe is there one already active that I could join?.... Surgery in 18 days...
brookienewfie
on 12/19/12 3:06 am

Hi There,

There is a Bariatric Support Group in place. Actually, there are several around the province! Ask the Bariatric Nurse about it. She sent me out some info on them and I do recall them looking for more people to start up support groups. Maybe something you are interested in.

KaylaD
on 12/19/12 7:32 am - Canada

Hi thanks for your reply! I do not have any contact with a bariatric nurse as I am getting my surgery in Mexico in 6 days. Any information on a support group here in NL would be very appreciated

Thanks

K

TDR
on 12/19/12 8:16 pm

HI K, are you a part of the facebook group?  https://www.facebook.com/groups/bariatricsurgerysupportNL/

The other support group(face to face) has been set up by the bariatric team [email protected] drop her an email and see if you are allowed to join.  

The facebook group of us do get together from time to time!

HW: 325  SW: 293.4  CW:235.0 Surgery Date Sept 10, 2012   Preop: - 31.6  M1:-22  M2: -16.6   M3: -13.6 First weight goal ACHIEVED!  On to my second goal - CENTURY CLUB!!!!   

lindanfld
on 1/22/13 7:21 am

Can't find the facebook goup you mention.  Tried copying and pasting link and searching but no luck.

hpmomof3
on 5/29/14 2:27 am

Is there anyway someone  could msg me to add me to the fb group? When I search it I get no results.

shashakollins
on 7/23/14 9:07 am

Hi there I am trying to get a support group up and running on facebook, please feel free to look at Newfoundland Obesity support group

Elvena
on 1/3/13 1:01 am

I am also considering the trip to Mexico .  Please let me know how you are doing  and how you found the procedure.

KaylaD
on 1/7/13 4:36 am - Canada

Thanks for the comments everyone. I believe the facebook group is invite only so if someone could add me it would be great. Kayla Eddy and my profile picture is my dogs. I will also email the nurse. Thanks. 

As for Mexico it was an overall good experience. I had first rate care and my surgeon was Dr. Rumbaut. I chose him based on his record and the fact that I had a friend have the operation with him 5 years ago with success. Everything was taken care of by the doctors office right from sending someone to get me at the airport to the hotel arrangements. I had no complications with the surgery and there was nothing shady or anything less than first rate. The cost was 12 grand. That included everything but air fare and personal spending. The hospital stay was 2 nights and then I went to a very nice hotel for 9 days (only 7 was required but it was cheaper for me to fly later.) 

Anyway any more questions please email me, [email protected]. I am an open book. I understand the stress that this can cause. I am only home since Saturday night. 

Kayla

Most Active