Lap Band

Elvena
on 1/8/13 2:03 am

Has anyone traveled to Mexico for the Lap Band Surgery, I've been doing some research and would love to hear from anyone who has had tis done and where in Newfoundland can you get fills ?

Keelan
on 1/17/13 11:57 am

I just seen your post while browsing through the forums and I highly suggest you do your research on lap band. It has one of the highest failure rates of all the surgeries and there is such a risk of it slipping and eroding your stomach. If you were going to Mexico to have any surgery done it shouldn't be that one, you hate yourself down the road for wasting your money. You should look into the sleeve,m bypass or duodenal switch. Dr Aceves is a wonderful doctor and used by many for these surgeries. His rate is good and his care is of high quality. There is a revision forum where you can learn valuable information on the failure rate of lap band and hear from others who had it done and had to have a revision to another surgery. Please do your research before you commit to that particular surgery.

K.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Elvena
on 1/17/13 11:02 pm

Thanks for your reply, I've done quiet a bit of reading/research and have decided if I'm going to spend the money and make the trip it has to be worth my while and have decided to go with the sleeve surgery I'm aiming for the end of February . Thanks again all the best !

llLou
on 2/25/13 6:51 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Great decision for the VSG. I had mine done by Dr. Kelly Nov. 5 2012 with a great experience and results so far. Message me if you have any questions. My cost was $5,700. plus airfare.

Elvena
on 2/25/13 8:21 am

I am in Mexico getting sleeved tomorrow , excited to get it done now!  

hope4health
on 2/26/13 12:24 am - St. John's, Canada

Who is the surgeon who is doing yours?

How did you go about finding him/her? How long did it take from beginning your search until your surgery?

I am trying to get as much information as I can about having the sleeve done in Mexico. I would love to have it done here in Newfoundland but am not willing to wait 5 years. ANy information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Keelan
on 2/26/13 3:31 am

Look on the Mexico Forum as there is lots of information there. Dr. Aceves comes highly recommended and his prices are great. I have know lots of patients that have had the sleeve done by him and great success with no complications. 5 year waiting list is crazy. Big cities don't even have list like that.

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Elvena
on 2/27/13 6:45 am
Had surgery yesterday , my doctors were Ishmael caribea and lousinia venuesula ! It's been a great experience everyone is so friendly and helpful, I feel great started in fluids today! I booked through Mexico baratric centre ! Good luck
Keelan
on 2/27/13 9:26 am

Glad to hear all went well. Now it's nothing be losing from here on out.

K.

baydoll
on 1/19/13 5:33 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had VSG in Mexico 2 years ago....best decision I ever made in my life!! Good luck!

Most Active