Recent Posts

Scarletjg
on 6/7/18 4:43 pm
Topic: RE: Vsg Surgery is on Monday!

How did your surgery go?

Since you're the latest person to post about their surgery, I was wondering how long it took after your two week diet trials to get to surgery day. I'm just finishing up my healthy diet week and ready to start my liquid trial.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/18 6:13 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/09/16
Topic: RE: Supportive Family Doctors?

Thank you for your reply.

She's decided to self-refer and pay to go herself to Montreal. The thing is, her doctor is really quite unsupportive and, frankly, a bit difficult to deal with since she made the decision because she "does not agree" with WLS in principle. So, it's not so much that she won't refer, it's more her attitude towards the patient which has now made it uncomfortable for my friend to continue to see her in relation to this, and likely future matters that might relate to her surgery.

She is looking for a new doctor, I was asking in hopes I might find someone whose doctor is supportive of WLS patients for her health care post surgery.

Krampus
on 4/21/18 4:53 am, edited 4/20/18 9:53 pm
VSG on 04/23/17
Topic: RE: Supportive Family Doctors?

Hey!

if she meets the requirements I think her doctor has to refer at her insistence, unless there is an underlying medical/mental health cause why she can't. That is something she can bring to the medical board of physicians and surgeons here in St. Johns for review.

There is a female doctor taking new patients on Cashin Ave, right next to Aspen and Oaks clinic.

Hope this helps!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/18 7:45 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/09/16
Topic: Supportive Family Doctors?

Hello,

I am asking for a friend in the St. John's area. She is planning and booked for a VSG but her family doctor is unsupportive of the decision. After various interactions with this doctor since taking the decision, she thinks possibly it might be necessary to switch doctors for the best post-op care and support. Could anyone possibly recommend a family doctor (female, preferably) that is supportive of WLS generally? She really hates the thought of having to return to a disapproving doctor when this is all hard enough already!

With thanks in advance.

Krampus
on 4/18/18 8:10 am
VSG on 04/23/17
Topic: Vsg Surgery is on Monday!

My pre op was completed yesterday at the HSC. Now into surgery this Monday! So exciting ? anyone getting sleeved the same day?

chloe74
on 3/28/18 1:26 pm, edited 3/28/18 6:29 am
Topic: RE: Newfoundland MCP coverage

Hey there....

Just wondering if you?ve had your surgery yet, and how long you had to wait...

Aavenger
on 10/11/17 7:49 pm - Mount pearl, Canada
VSG on 11/15/17
Topic: Can?t wait any longer going to Montreal

can't wait for the mcp many health issues

Going to dr gagnier in Montreal I want to live

Allie2016
on 5/8/17 2:02 pm - Gander, Nl

I got my letter April 28th and now on my second week of food journaling. How are you doing with the program so far?

mororange
on 3/28/17 1:15 pm

I was just referred last month. How did you do with the sleep study?

Most Active