Recent Posts

Kathy S.
on 6/13/17 7:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
ffelts
on 2/7/17 1:20 pm
Topic: Memorial Weight Loss Center of New Mexico

Memorial Weight Loss Center of New Mexico, and

Dr. Frank Felts, is hosting their first live Bariatric Surgery patient educational seminar on:

Thursday, February 23 at 6:00pm in the Memorial Medical Center Conference Room A., Las Cruces, NM.

Call to RSVP !!

Karla: 575.521.5590

Lorraine: 575.556.1849

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/15 7:12 am, edited 12/18/15 7:14 am
carebear5
on 9/13/15 9:33 am
Topic: RE: Need help finding a pcp

same city same boat my dr just says I'm morbidly obese n then moves to the next topic. I haven't found a dr who wants to focus on it. I've read their are bariatric physicians not surgeons who deal with over weight but can't find in nm. I don't want weight loss surgery just support. If I find some I'll comment back

annasalazar1952
on 8/10/15 7:47 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Topic: RE: Is this New Mexico forum still active at all?

I just joined this site today.  I had a gastric sleeve in 2010.  I am trying to get a support group together in the Albuquerque area.  Would like to connect with fellow WLS.  There is strength in numbers.

Anna

annasalazar1952
on 8/10/15 7:43 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Topic: RE: need help finding a plastic surgeon!+

hello

I live in Albuquerque, new Mexico too.  Hello Neighbor!

All my friends had their plastic  surgery in CA.  

Their is a Dr. Michael, on San Pedro, across from the Coronado Mall.  

I understand he is very good.

Good Luck

Anna

lovingdaisys
on 6/10/15 2:47 am
Topic: Need help finding a pcp

I'm trying to find a pcp that will help me with weight loss. Not surgery but appetite suppressant type of things. I'm 21 and I've tried so many diets and they last maybe a couple weeks. Recently I tried cardio and weight training along with low calorie diet and ended up gaining 10lbs.. My pcp right now is not helping at all she basically told me to try something else and if not I'll see you in 6months and we'll find a diet for you. I'm learning about nutrition and support for my body but I need the kick start like 3months of appetite suppressants so I can get my body use to clean eating. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A PCP THAT HELPS WITH WEIGHT LOSS W/OUT SURGERY PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I called around before calling my current pcp and they're like yeah of course she helps with weight loss... Blah seriously please help me out I'm stressing over this it's easy to eat to fuel your body but the constant craving for food is putting a major hold on my transition. :(

blukoolaid75
on 3/3/15 12:59 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Topic: need help finding a plastic surgeon!+

Hi,

I had my bypass surgery done Oct 1st 2014. As of today I have lost 85 lbs...I would like to lose atleast 30 more pounds  though I am already concerned about plastic surgery!  How do I go about this?  Does anyone have someone they can refer me to in New Mexico /El Paso TX area? The skin is already out of control...do doctors offer payment plans? Any info would be so greatly appreciated! !

Gastric Bypass Surgery October 1st 2014

248lbs day of surgery

Goal 135 lbs 

current weight 128 lbs 

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/14 1:24 pm - Edgewood, NM
Topic: RE: Any DS friendly primary care physicians in Albuquerque?

I have been trying to find out the same answer. If I find out anything, I will pass the info along. 

Most Active