trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??

susanpalmer
on 1/15/11 9:24 am - annapolis county, Canada
Hi I am on the waitting list to have the Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery in nova scotia. I have no idea where I am on the list or how to find out.  I also believe that i have to go to a seminar does anyone know who or how to get ahold of the right people. keep leaving emails just get you are on the list.
novascotiadawn
on 1/15/11 10:54 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Susan

Welcomeeeeeeeeee!! and here is Diana's information.

Diana L. Lawlor MN RN-NP CDE Nurse Practitioner Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery 902-473-2970

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

ruthann49
on 1/15/11 9:55 pm - Canada
Hi Susan,

I've tried emailing Diana but haven't gotten a response. Let me know how you make out with a phone call. When were you referred?

CaperGal
on 1/15/11 10:59 pm, edited 1/16/11 2:50 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

There is a seminar that you get a letter about. When you get the letter that says "congratulations on having been identified as potentially one of the next 50 people to qualify for weight loss surgery (Gastric  Sleeve). Attending this clinic is Step 1 in the process of being considered for surgery."

Than it has the date and time to be there. They ask you to confirm by email if you will be attending and if you are bringing someone with you.(name and relationship)
It is a 2 hour seminar.
([email protected]) is her email, her phone # is 473-2970. I don't know if they ever tell you how far you are on the list.
(I was refered in the fall and got my letter in Jan. for the Mar. 1st session. I hope this helps.)

OK some misunderstanding here. I should have said March 1st of 2010 and the fall of 2009 when I was referred. Sorry about that. I was suppose to have my surgery on Dec. 7th 2010 but it is on hold til I get this blood thing that I am going through fixed. I called Dianne(Dr. Ellsmeres recpitionest) and she assured me as soon as I get the ok she will get me in right away.

susanpalmer
on 1/22/11 6:41 am - annapolis county, Canada
called 2x emailed still no response
ruthann49
on 1/15/11 11:39 pm - Canada
Good for you CaperGal!! You must be getting excited!

susanpalmer
on 1/16/11 5:27 am, edited 1/19/11 6:33 am - annapolis county, Canada
Thanks everyone. I think i will try a phone call some time this week. my refurral was sent in around may of 2010 and have not heard a thing.
CaperGal
on 1/16/11 10:08 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
I would call Diana Lawlor, that is a long time to not get any response. She might tell you more about where you are on the list. Or send her an email. They take 50 people at a time.
ruthann49
on 1/17/11 5:22 am - Canada
I got an email back fron Diana today saying I should hear from them in 2011 or 2012!! She said to get my binder together ,study it and try one of the stage diets. I'm anxious to hear what they tell you Susan! Best of luck!

Anxiously_Waiting
on 1/17/11 7:42 am
I was referred a year ago and have not yet heard anything as well.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this round. I believe it is in March.  I don't know how they pick as I know my BMI is higher than some that have been chosen ahead of me.  It also depends on the number of health issues you have. 

Perhaps we will get a chance to meet at the information session...lets hope!
Most Active