X-Post...Have no fear..

novascotiadawn
on 8/6/11 5:47 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Have no fear peeps!!!

I did an experiment this AM just out of curiosity! I had a 42 bougie sleeve when operated on. I am 3 years, 2 months and few days out!. Well, I haven't really measured a lot in the past years to really judge the portion sizes of my food. I go through phases and it doesn't last long. Well this AM on an empty stomach. I ate 3 ounces of plain chicken breast, was satisfied! took the other ounce off the chicken bones and it was a tad too much. I should of stayed at 3 ounces. So, you live by your surgeons orders and eat dense protein and veggies, fruit, carbs for your lifetime. Things should work out pretty well. Some days, I feel that I have stretched the ole tool right out. But, then go back to basics and realize, nope, I haven't. The grazing is a killer with carbs!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Hugs & Loves

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Carly ~
on 8/12/11 7:25 am
 That's awesome to hear Donna!

And 3 oz of meat is a recommended portion for a regular healthy meal, so good to know you can eat normal portions after a few years out!

My bougie size is 34F, I'm two months out -- and 1.5 to 2 oz of anything is it's max capacity at best.

Great to know.. that you're doing so well!

Most Active