Why? Years, Years, Years waiting for Help

DustyB
on 4/24/14 12:33 pm - Canada

Hi,

Does anyone know why we in NS must wait nearly a Decade of our life to receive the care needed to improve our health.

With all the medical problems excess weight causes, you would think it would be worth our tax dollars to help those in need.  It is excruciating to see the short time individuals wait in other provinces.

valleymom40
on 5/1/14 8:04 am

Go to Mexico and get it done by Dr. Kelly.....I am a year out with 120 lbs gone.  Haven't looked back!!!! Best $6000 I have ever spent!!!!! I waited two years and wished I had just gone to Mexico and started the journey earlier.....find the money and get on with a new more happier life....now is the time....you won't regret it!

llLou
on 5/15/14 1:49 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I totally agree. Dr. Kelly is an excellent surgeon! His staff is amazing. I am so glad I went to him.

The wait in NS is absolutely ridiculous. The government should be so ashamed of themselves. 

blunosr
on 6/17/18 7:49 am

I looked online and the wait period for consult is 2500 days but the waiting period for surgery is 75 days. I believe the provincial government has purposely created a bottle-neck to reduce the number of surgeries it does.

Most Active