I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

auntieRhonda
on 5/3/14 11:01 am - Sydney, Canada

I just got home yesterday from Mexico. So happy with my results so far. Dr. Kelly is an amazing surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He has called me already to see how my trip home went and to ask how I am felling. Very caring and compassionate man and great surgeon as well. I went alone and was very nervous but Dr. Kelly's fabulous co-ordinator Fabiola stayed in close contact with me the whole way. I cannot say enough about Dr, Kelly and his staff...fantastic !! The whole experience that honestly,  I was dreading turned out to be a great from start to finish. The nurses were very attentive and caring . They don't speak a lot of English but we managed just fine. I even got to walk around the silver shops in Tijuana 2 days after my surgery and had no problems. The only pain that I experienced was some gas and sore abdominal muscles like I had done 50 sit ups the day before and it didn't last very long. If anyone in Nova Scotia is thinking about going for VSG or other surgery in Mexico and would like some info I would gladly tell you my entire experience. I did lots of research and am so glad that I picked the right surgeon.

valleymom40
on 5/6/14 1:25 am

I am so happy for you!!!! I had him, too, last year (April 26, 2013).  He is great !!!!!  I have lost 120 lbs and still going....I run now and haven't felt better in my life!!!! You will love your sleeve.  Just do what your suppose to and things will be fine....let me know if you need anything.....

auntieRhonda
on 5/6/14 3:06 am - Sydney, Canada

Wow that's great ! I made 1 little mistake and ate a bit of peanut butter and suffered for it. So, even though it was a bad thing to do , it taught me a great lesson and I am sticking to the rules from now on ! I am so happy for you and glad to hear things are going so well. My goal is to start running as well eventually. Are there any foods that you have tried and had a hard time with ? After the PB incident I am nervous to eat anything other than my protein drinks, jello and watery soup.

valleymom40
on 5/21/14 5:17 am

Hi, how are things...eat what the menu tells you.....don't forget your protein!!!!!  I still have trouble eating meat and chicken.  It does weird things to my stomach....noises.... also egg yolks are not the best.  Other then that I eat really healthy and things seem to be going well.  I wont say that I haven't cheated but I still can't eat alot ....I guess this is why I had the surgery in the first place.  Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.  FOLLOW THE MENU!!!!

llLou
on 6/3/14 1:50 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Hi! You should post this on the Mexico forum. It may help a lot of people in their decision.  Linda

Dianrp
on 6/8/14 3:40 pm - Digby, Canada

Hi.  I am looking into going to  Mexico for the gastric sleeve.  I'm in NS as well

love to hear your story

i am nervous about going out of Canada for any surgery.  

auntieRhonda
on 6/8/14 9:01 pm - Sydney, Canada

Hi :) Dian ? well let me tell you...I was scared to death and now looking back I feel stupid for being scared. The whole experience was fantastic ! Seriously ! They pick you up at the airport and take you across the border which takes all of 10 mins. You are in the medical lane which is not declaring anything. Dr. Kelly's wife Cecy picked me up and she is a doll. His entire staff treated me like they knew me forever. Very comfortable :) I was taken directly to the hospital ( I had the choice of 2 hospitals , one was $1500 more , so I picked the cheaper one) it was a bit run down but they have everything you need there. If I could do it again , I would have picked the more expensive one only because it's like a luxury hotel...this is where I went for my final leak test. The nurses there are extremely attentive. I think I had 2 or 3 nurses just for me. It's not like here :/ Your room gets cleaned twice per day. They don't speak a lot of English but we managed with no problems. After 2 days in hospital I was sent to this amazing hotel...rooms are very nice :D The staff treats you like gold. It was more like a mini vacation than surgery. There were many patients from other doctors there that were stunned at how well I was doing compared to them. They were sent directly to the hotel after surgery...so be careful picking a surgeon. I did tons of research and finally decided on Dr. Kelly...this was the best decision I could have ever made ! He is fantastic and very caring, he even came to visit me at the hotel and brought his wife and son. He was the only surgeon that I saw at the hotel. Other patients noticed this as well. I went walking around Tijuana by myself the day I went to hotel and bought some silver jewelry and a nice leather purse. I had a ball. I can honestly say that the pain is similar to doing too many sit ups. The first day and a half were a bit uncomfortable but after that I was ready to go shopping. I did go alone but kind of wished I had taken someone with me just for the company. Anyway, please feel free to ask me anything at all. I had such a great experience that I love to tell anyone who will listen...lol

Take care & talk to you soon :D

Dianrp
on 6/8/14 11:02 pm - Digby, Canada

Can you tell me what clinic it was?

im looking now at one with Canadian doctors

Also, how are you doing now?

i am concerned about hanging skin since the weight comes off so quickly

im a little excited but more nervous

concerned about coming home and having issues.   But I know this could change my life health wise 

Dianrp
on 6/8/14 11:06 pm - Digby, Canada

Is it possible to email me?

auntieRhonda
on 6/9/14 1:36 am - Sydney, Canada

Hey :) if you go on facebook , type in Drramoskelly you can check him and his team out. I wouldn't worry too much about the skin. I had my surgery a month and a half ago and am down 40 lbs but am only losing about a pound to 2 pounds per week now. I had a lot of hunger but it was all in my head because you never feel true hunger after surgery. I found week 4 and 5 the hardest because you get pretty tired of liquids. I did like the Instant Breakfast protein drinks the best and they are not that expensive. I don't think his business has a name as I got in touch with him via another person that had their surgery with him. If you would like to give me your e-mail I can pass it on to Fabiola ( his patient co-ordinator) and she will answer all of your questions. I know that he has told me that some doctors do as many surgeries per day as they can, but he only does 3 or 4 max because he is not doing it for the money. You have to do your research...I went on many sites and kept seeing happy people that used him, so I researched him and found nothing negative at all. He is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons which is great. If you would like to e-mail me , my e-mail is [email protected] and I can connect you directly to Fabiola. She is a doll and speaks excellent English :D

Most Active