Private Facebook Groups?

KGP
on 1/23/16 11:22 am

Hi, I found out that I will be called for the summer info session. I'm wondering if there are any private Facebook groups for people waiting for surgery. Thanks and take care. 

Acadiana
on 2/20/16 3:19 am

Hi.  I have just signed up.  I am the mother of a young woman who has recently had weight loss surgery.  She is adjusting well although there are a few issues, like getting enough protein  She's looking for a local support group on Facebook   Do you know of one?   I think I can e of use to people with diet because I am searching for and trying out recipes of healthy, high protein entrees that taste good.

BEYOUtiful
on 3/2/16 12:04 am
VSG on 06/22/16

Hello, I was informed in Febuary that I had been approved and there was a group meeting in April. It did get changed to this summer though, so we might be in the same group. Since Febuary I have been increasing my cardio at the gym trying to build up to an hour a day like the paper work, I got a nutrionist as well and so far I HAVE LOST 41 POUNDS in just three weeks. I have a massive support system, excellent trainer at the gym, and the meal plan by my nutrionist seems to be working. Summer can't come quick enough lol. 

crazycatladyNS
on 3/5/16 4:38 pm, edited 3/6/16 10:11 pm

I'm happy for you guys, getting called in. I'm a Nova Scotian as well and I have been on the waiting list for a couple years now. Still no call for an info session. My BMI is 35-36 but I have severe Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and prediabetes. How long did you guys wait for your call?

I'd be interested in a private FB group as well. If you set one up, do let me know.! :)

Born in 1977. Nova Scotia. Medical Transcriptionist.

Height: 5'8"  /  SW: 248 /  CW: 250 /  GW: 175

BMI 38, with comorbidities: Polycystic ovarian disease, pre-diabetes, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome

Application for VSG in 2014. Got letter in Sept. '15 saying I was on waiting list for WLS Info Session (Step 1). Said wait times are approx. 5-7 years, as they're currently attending to 2009 referrals here in NS.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/16 4:54 pm - CA

Not sure if you are aware, but you can set up a private group through OH.   You are able to be an admin and invite people to it and interact just like you can on FB.  

crazycatladyNS
on 3/5/16 4:57 pm, edited 3/6/16 10:11 pm

Thanks! This page is a great resource.

I'm not even approved yet, and unfortunately, I don't have the time to be a group admin, etc., but I would definitely love to check on a page now and then. 

BMI 38, with comorbidities: Polycystic ovarian disease, pre-diabetes, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome

Application for VSG in 2014. Got letter in Sept. '15 saying I was on waiting list for WLS Info Session (Step 1). Said wait times are approx. 5-7 years, as they're currently attending to 2009 referrals here in NS.  

crazycatladyNS
on 3/7/16 6:09 am
crazycatladyNS
on 3/7/16 6:09 am

By "not approved" I meant to say my referral application was received and I'm waiting for the WLS Info session (Step 1). I was told the wait list is now about 5 years, as they're working on 2009 referrals. Ugh.

BEYOUtiful
on 3/9/16 8:05 am
VSG on 06/22/16

Hi, I've been waiting over 10 years. My BMI was high in 61 but its down to in mid 50's. I'm just excited for my first appointment of a year of appointments, but i'm ready and have my support in full force and i'm ready !!

islandmom
on 3/15/16 9:39 am - Canada

Im in New Brunswick and Im waiting to meet my surgeon in Bathurst.  Having the sleeve done and hoping to have it done in the Fall at the latest.  I would LOVE to have a support group on FB.  Ive been searching but finding nothng.  Ive thought about making a page for all of us that is waiting, have had it done, etc but not real sure on how to and what i would call it.

Most Active