BMI ?

BEYOUtiful
on 3/2/16 6:22 pm
VSG on 06/22/16

Hello, I am wondering at what number is your BMI to be at to be considered for surgery? I've been kicking but ever day at the gym and three weeks ago my BMI was over 61. Not its at 55. I've lost 41 pounds in just three weeks, I have a trainer that I go to 4 times a week, a nutrionist that does monthly meal plans and a grocery list. I bought new sneakers, and I'm loving this new lifestyle, especially with all the support I have encouraging me. I've read posts where BMI was to high and asked to lose 50-100 pounds before being considered. I didn't want that, I wanted to be proactive and start right away and be ready, and show I am able and capable of this lifestyle. I go to the gym 6 days a week, for 45-mins to an hour. It's the BMI though, I can't find the happy number that will make me ready, any idea or suggestions? REALLY APPRECIATE 

KRS2014
on 5/24/16 8:30 am
with

Hi, I think it depends on the doctor that is doing your surgery. I think around 40 or higher is what I have mostly read. Are you having surgery in Nova Scotia?

Most Active