Need Help!

Angela K.
on 7/15/09 10:28 am

Hi

I am currently on 2 lists for WLS in New Brunsick.  My family doctor has recommended that I outsource surgery wait times in other provinces, the US or even Mexico.  This really scares me but my BMI is around 72.  If you can give me an idea of how long of a wait it is in other provinces etxc  I would really appreciate it. I called Medicare in NB and they advised that they will pay for surgery in another province  except Quebec but I need to find a doctor, then have my family doctor and the surgeon write a letter to the NB Medicare board to ensure payment would be made.  I'm lost at where to start so I thought I know...the great groups on OH can help.  I'm even considering going self pay if necessary

Thanks
Angela

Angela

BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/28/12 4:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
 There is no wait time in Mexico but you have to pay for it yourself.  My surgeon Dr. Ponce De Leon charges $6000 USD and Trish is his coordinator, you would love her! You spend two nights at the hospital and one to two nights at a very nice hotel.  I have videos of my surgery and journey on YouTube if you want to watch the name is BeautyVGSJourney.  Let me know if you have any questions!
llLou
on 4/27/13 2:03 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I had my VSG done by Dr. Ramous Kelly in Mexico in Nov 2012. He is an excellent surgeon. He was born in Michigan USA and speaks perfect English. There was a 3 week wait when I called.

His entire team are great. I called his office directly and I was able to speak with him after speaking with his coordinator. Lori is his coordinator now.

I paid $5,700. I stayed 3 nights in hospital(only because I arrived on a Sunday). I then spent 2 nights at the beautiful Lucerne hotel. My friend came with me. There is a bed in your hospital room for your spouse or friend.They can eat at the cafeteria but Dr. Kelly's staff will take them out.

The wait here in Nova Scotia is 10 years.

Going to Mexico and to Dr. Kelly was the best decision I ever made. I cannot say enough positive things about him. We were treated like gold. Message me with any questions. I have his phone number if you want it.     Good Luck!   Linda

buckethead
on 9/25/09 6:39 pm - TX

I dont think there is any wait in Mexico... Go to the DS board many have done it there.,, In the States most surgeons have programs you would have to complete.. Takes time

Most Active