Constapation issues

kpratt2
on 12/8/04 1:57 am - Orlando, FL
Hay all; Sorry about the topic. I had open on Dec 1st (1 week ago) and am doing fantastic except for getting my bowels working again. I have only had 2 tiny bm's since surgery and they were alot of mucus and black from the iron. Any suggestions? Is this normal to have so few? I also have an upper resiratory infection and am on antibiotics for that. My belly is sore but I don't know if it's from all the coughing or the lack of bm's. I don't see the surgeon til Monday to get my staples out and I would hate to wait til than if something is wrong. Any advice would be great Kathi
Evelyn L.
on 12/8/04 3:08 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Kathi, It is normal as I was told by the doc to not be going as much as we were before because we are not comsuming food like before. As for the mucus it could be caused by the antibiotics. When in doubt call your doctor always. Hope this helps. Evelyn 247/149/147
Top S.
on 12/9/04 6:50 pm
I'vw been constipated from the get go. I have to take colace to have anything happen, and it is usually only convenient for me to take it 1-2 days a week. Talk to your doctor and see what he/she suggests to help keep you regular! Best of luck Mel
SandyHughes
on 12/13/04 2:09 pm - Fulton, NY
I had my surgery May 10,2004 and I still can not go on my own. I used Milk of Magesium at first. Then my doctor switch me to Colace. It still did not help me. So they told me to get a stool softner and take it three times a week. So I bought the Dulcolax (gentle and easy) and it works the best. So good luck.
Angela H.
on 12/17/04 1:35 pm - Elmira, NY
I know how you feel, I had terrible constipation that, I was bleeding and I had to go see my doctor I now drink a glass a Cider a day and that does help also my doctor went to his office and bought me a Physician Sample container back and told me to use it if. I ever have this problem again with constipation amd at times it was bad but thank god. I have not used it yet it is a Prescription Laxative called MiraLax Polyethylene Glycol 3350, NF Powder for Solution also the best thing for you to do in this situation is to contact your physician. Angela Harris
Most Active
Recent Topics