Recent Posts

ChadianGoddess
on 10/4/21 12:59 pm
DS on 12/31/21
Topic: RE: Did NYS Medicaid cover your DS surgery?

Yes, medicaid does cover it as long as you qualify for WLS: BMI of 35 with 2 co-morbidities OR BMI of 40 minimum.

Stephmyers95
on 10/8/19 5:42 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone have any experience with the approval process through Fidelis Care NY?

How long did it take I have my first appt on the 25th so ready alredy ll3 lbs away from 20 lbs gone and haven't even had first appointment.

finalcalls
on 7/21/17 11:17 am
Topic: RE: Support groups on Long Island for VSG surgery

Hi I just had my vsg surgery on July 10, 2017 at mount sinai in manhattan, didn't have any problems but u will be sore at incision site for maybe a week, the first week is the toughest managing schedule of food and trying to drink enough liquids. You will have to sip water from a one ounce medicine cup, example cough syrup cup that comes with bottle, you will not be hungry at all just start slow and listen to all directions, operation will take away your cravings to eat, first day u will be thinking why did I do this but after first week taking vitamins and eating you will have to much energy and after my two week follow up visit lost 26 pounds, u will feel full after about 3 bites of food, don't worry if not eating at first, just drink as much low calorie gatorade as u can, and soon as u can start walking. It prevents complications. Hope u all the best on your new journey.

Baltunia
on 4/6/17 11:11 am
Topic: RE: Medicaid/ Amerigroup surgeons??? HELP

please can you help me find who take amerigroup for gastric bypass

Mackeymouse79
on 2/7/17 8:45 am
Topic: RE: Need a Gym buddy in Suffolk County (Long Island)

I'm in Medford.  Finally just had my surgery.  Once I am cleared to go to the gym, I would like to go.  It's been a rough year and a half for me.  

Junesleeve
on 2/5/17 5:04 pm
Topic: RE: Who was your surgeon? *Buffalo*

Dr. Posner at Buffalo General. Well established program with excellent follow up,program.

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/27/17 8:32 pm
Topic: RE: Reccommendations for Support Groups/Therapists in Manhattan

On the chance that you still check in here and are still unsure of support groups,, just call any of the hospitals bariatric offices for their group schedules. They all welcome people regardless of where they've had surgery.  There are therapists and you can get a few recommendations from people who attend or when you call.  As far as I know, most of the practices have a guest therapist address/anwer questions at support groups from time to time.

Anita Jo
on 10/31/16 1:27 pm - Elmira, NY
Topic: Elmira ,NY WLS

hi all

just wondering if any one is around from elmira,ny

laney1997
on 7/15/16 7:50 pm, edited 7/16/16 6:26 am
VSG on 08/18/16
Topic: Support groups on Long Island for VSG surgery

Hi, just received my date for my surgery this coming August and looking for support from others that went through with the VSG Surgery. 

therealnikkibarnes
on 7/14/16 5:38 am - Bronx , NY
Most Active
Recent Topics