MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:35 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

C. Skidmore
on 12/2/07 3:52 pm - Glen Allen, VA

Any response to this yet? My mother has had RNY and revision with some problems still and needs followup care, but do to her issues is now out of work and on medicare and so far no one to help her. 

Chad

Salvation is free ...
but discipleship will cost you everything!
BibleDisciple
on 12/31/07 9:04 am - OH
Chad, Wanted to say simply that I love your signature!  Thanks for the spoken reminder and the silent encouragement. In His Peace, Jessie Grants Redemption And Complete Exoneration
MaryTeresa
on 3/29/08 2:56 pm - Loveland, OH

Try Dr J Wesley Alexander @ Christ Medical Center in Cincinnati or Dr Schumacher in Kettering Medical Center. I have seen both. Goodluck

reneeskids
on 7/28/08 8:40 am - miamisburg, OH
does schumacher take medicare or medicaid
MamaMary1974
on 7/1/10 11:13 am - Loveland, OH
I believe Dr George Kerlakian takes Medicare he is with Group Health Associates in Cincinnati. GHA is a wonderful office. they have an office in Fairfield  but this doctor is in the one in the west side of cinci but we go where we must.
Take care
Mary
MamaMary 1974    
Ashley Nicole
on 12/3/07 12:02 pm
i believe st.vincent hospital will accept but you have to have diabetes, sleep apnea, or high blood pressure to qualify...but im not relally sure
Ashley Nicole
on 12/5/07 5:28 am
that hospital is in clevland, ohio by the way...also high cholestrol you must have...and bad news is they may require you to have all 4
pgosha
on 12/21/07 10:18 am
University hospital in Cleveland, Ohio
jenseyedea
on 12/22/07 3:15 pm - Bryan, OH
Hello there.  I am new, just started this process of posting on here. I am having my surgery done at the Cleveland Clinic. I have both medicare and medicaid. I know that they take it. They were actually very happy that was the insurance I had. They said that Medicaid and Medicare do not require any pre-approvals. Since Cleveland Clinic is consider a Center of Excellence, they feel they meet the criteria to make the decision on behalf of the client. So I would suggest that they call the Clinic and ask for bariatrics, and get a new client packet sent out to them. They do have a bit of paperwork, and there are some hoops to  jump through. But if you want the surgery there should be no problem. Also, just for your information. If a person has straight medicaid or medicare....not buckeye or the others....their local human services has to give them a gas certificate to get to their appointments. So FYI on that. They give me 50.00 for each trip I have had to make. I live almost 3 hours away. But it helps me out. If I can be of any further help, message me on here or at [email protected]. Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1099 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1479 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2363 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2265 views