MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

sunshineangel_1977
on 12/28/09 2:17 pm - sabina, OH
 I have  medicare and medicade and go to doctor teel at premier bariatrics out of miami valley hospital...I had a realize band placed there and still have my follow up care there.  They accept both.

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

tracz1969
on 1/13/10 3:04 am
RNY on 12/22/09 with
Hi, Wanted to update Wood County Hospital for those needing the information.

Dr. Peter Lalor is an awesome Doctor!!
They do take Medicaid, not sure about Medicare. I have Paramount and was approved the day after paperwork was submitted.
I do believe they now have the Excellence rating.
419-373-7699
Wood Co Hospital in Bowling Green, Oh
960 W. Wooster St. Suite 116,   zip-43402

Hope this helps.
Good luck and God Bless
Tracy
 [email protected]      

DamronC
on 11/4/10 4:32 am - OH
How did you get in?  I had an appointment for 3 pm today, Nov. 4th, 2010 for my first visit.  Scheduled since first week of October.
The office called this morning and cancelled the appointment.  The first open date they could give me is Dec. 16th or Jan. 6th. 
I am so afraid that this will put off the approval process so long, that my employer is going to change insurance coverage in April 2011, and don't know if the new insurance will cover the procedure.
I am so depressed at this point.  I have been working with my insurance since February of this year, to find a hospital and surgeon who are both covered by my insurance.  Finally got approved to see Dr. Lalor and now this.  I am beginning to think that God doesn't want me to have this surgery.
I am ready to give up.
jtaulker
on 11/6/10 10:55 pm - Hoytville, OH
Don't fret , ifit was meant to be it will be. I know you have put a lot into this, believe me I know ! I had my surgery done by Dr , lolar and he was amazing. I was scheduled to have surgery on the 6th of aug and recieved a call a few days before because they wanted to change the date I was so crushed and had it in my head that it was not going to happen .... But it did, and I feel great !!! Good luck Girl....
DamronC
on 11/21/10 10:45 pm - OH
Thanks for the reply.  That was the worst day for me.  You see, it was my birthday and i was so motivated to get this done, i was really crushed.  Haven't heard from the office since that day.  I keep praying that something changes soon.
sfmini
on 1/31/10 5:58 am
I work for the State, currently a computer geek on the Medicaid computer system. I could ask some of my friends who work in the Ohio Health Plan section and see if I can find anything out for you. Just send me a message saying where you live and I will see what I can do.
No guarantees, not official but a starting point.
Hmmm, now I am wondering if the new system we are working on will have features that will allow you to look it up online. Go live is December 2010 for the first part of the system.

sfmini
on 2/1/10 10:17 am
I talked to our project manager and he said that you will need to call your managed care provider for Medicaid and ask for a list of doctors.
I tried doing a provider search on the Molina and Care Source and they didn't list any bariatric docs online.
Sorry.

amyskieblu09
on 3/22/10 11:54 am - Hillsboro, OH
shellybellymichele
on 10/1/10 3:35 pm, edited 10/1/10 3:37 pm - Canton, OH
I have great new for anyone in the akron area. I went to the seminar at summa akron city hospital and they said they lowered the program fee it is now $999 They take medicaid. I wish akron general took medicaid because they have no program fee.
LongshoreFam
on 11/1/10 12:16 pm - Port St Lucie, FL
Hello :) I was looking for experiences with getting appoved with Molina (medicaid).  What is their routine? Do they have you do a weighloss plan with your primary for x amount of months? What medical condtions qualify with being morbid obese?? Thanks! :) All comments welcome!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1094 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1471 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2355 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2259 views