Pancreatitis

vhoupt01
on 12/17/16 9:19 pm

I had my RNY in January 2004, almost 13 years ago. I have regained 40 plus lbs. I recently went to get scheduled for my repeat colonoscopy which is every 5 years for me. I have had a pain under rib cage on right upper are for over a year, diagnosed in Oct. 2015 as Ulcers after a scope was done. It did not go away. So thought colonoscopy may reveal something. Insurance denied and that ended up being a good thing cause my family dr decided to order a pancreatic blood work and came back that I was 3 time higher than a normal high. Pancreatitis. I do not have my gall bladder, out in 2008. I do not drink, I am not a diabetic nor is there a history of this in my family. CT was normal, now I am spose to get an MRI to see inside the ducts and into the pancreas. Any one else have this issue??? After almost 13 years, why now??

Kathy S.
on 12/20/16 9:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi 

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  Sadly the Ohio forum is not very busy but I am going to give you the link to your surgery forum RNY.  Great place for support and perhaps others have went through what you have.

Here is the link, please post there and you will get support and maybe some answers from others that experience what you did.  Please keep us posted on how things are going and what they find out!

RNY FORUM

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1103 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1482 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2366 views
Looking for Dr.