swelling feet and legs

PJ E.
on 5/13/04 12:50 am - Wilder, KY
Good Morning everyone! What do all you beautiful people do for swelling feet and legs? I am preop and sit a lot. Try to walk and elevate them a couple times a day. PCP cked them out and added a med (neurontin 300mg) but I am not really sure if it was for that or the BP or both. Never had high BP before. I can feel my skin get tight and they balloon up. They get blotchy red but not an itchy rash. WLS can't come soon enough. PJ wfad
Sandy P.
on 5/13/04 1:10 am - Cincinnati, OH
PJ, You would be able to take neurontin afterwards. That is given to people with epilepsy like myself. I used to be on it years ago, until they switched me to Topamax. I can't wait to hear you say Dr. C has given you a date! Have a great afternoon. Love, Sandy Pierce
PJ E.
on 5/13/04 6:32 am - Wilder, KY
Hi Sandy, I sent email. I have just gotten neurontin . Can you tell me how it will help? I think I am in the potty more but I am there a lot anyway lol. PJ wfad
Hockeynana
on 5/13/04 1:38 am - Fairborn, OH
Neurontin is used for a lot of things but I don't think BP. It is an anti-inflamatory. I have constant swelling so I have a script for Lasix 40 that I use only as needed.
PJ E.
on 5/13/04 6:35 am - Wilder, KY
I have been wondering why my pcp didn't order lasix but I don't question her I have all the faith in the world in her. She is behind me 100 % with wls and treats me like a queen. PJ wfad
marinemom
on 5/13/04 2:59 am - lisbon, OH
Hi....my hubby takes neurontin for his back.....he takes 800 mg 3 times a day to control the pain. I have a problem with swelling feet and legs and the discoloration. Doctor put me on BP meds with lasix...I can't take any lasix as it drops my potassium so low i end up in the ER. Now i wear a BP patch and it seems to have done the trick for that. Anyhow, the PCP ordered tests and found i have a leaky tricuspid valve and that was causing the swelling. Now that my BP is somewhat under control I only have to watch my salt intake carefully. I do watch how long i have to stand cause the swelling comes back. Are you eating alot of sodium? After i started reading labels i was really shocked at how many things that are "supposedly" good for you are high in sodium. You might have a leaky valve. I would have the PCP check. GOdd luck and let me know how you are doing......Patty
PJ E.
on 5/13/04 6:44 am - Wilder, KY
Hi Patty and thanks for the info. I have never had high bp but at this visit it was a bit high. I don't know could be stress maybe don't know. I am really stressing about wanting this wls so bad. I don't want my health to deteriorate any further as I am not in too bad of shape right now. I have diabetes that will probably disappear, incontinence that will disappear, arthritis that will all but disappear, and gurd that will be greatly improved. So I don't want anything to happen that will be long lasting after the wls. Someone else mentioned sodium to me today and I will star****ching out for that. thanks! I will also keep that leaky valve in mind and mention to my pcp. I am taking neurontin 300 mg 3x a day for a few days now. I hope I start seeing some improvement. Thanks again for y our reply. PJ wfad
snicklefritz
on 5/13/04 4:46 am - Cincinnati, OH
At the risk of being jumped on, sounds like you might have the beginning of lympdema. lasix and other diuretics may help. I actually had to get a lymphadema pump which move the fluid. Please keep your doctor in the loop. I am now able to wear compression hose. Good luck to you.
PJ E.
on 5/13/04 6:47 am - Wilder, KY
Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply. Oh don't worry about that I keep my pcp informed on everything and she treats me great. I just am so happy to have her. I saw her 2 weeks ago and she cked my feet out really good. I will see her again on Monday and she will do it again. Thanks for your info I will keep it in mind. PJ wfad
Sarahlicious
on 5/13/04 12:17 pm - Portsmouth, OH
I second Jack...early stage lymphedema. is a possibility. It was missed on me for years. Mine got way out of control, but treatment has done wonders. They say mine is genetic, my moms legs get swollen really bad and won't go down for a long time. She bought some compression stocking at wal-mart. Try to keep you legs elevated as much as possible.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1102 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1482 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2365 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2266 views