Dilema

claimmaster
on 3/16/13 5:50 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

OK.  I moved to Tulsa in December for a new job.  I'm a contract worker, so I'm not permanately employed and really have no idea how long I'm going to have a job.  I'm assuming I have several more months at this job at the least, but who knows.  I was planning on having my surgery in Mexico as I thought I'd be self pay.  Now I find out my BCBS of IL will cover the surgery, but I have an HSA so everything is going to be going to the deductible until I hit, I think, $3800, then 20% until I hit my out of pocket max.  My surgery in Mexico is currently scheduled for July 5th.  I figure the cost will be a bit less going with the insurance, but not by much.  I don't know what my insurance carrier will require of me, or how long it will take to get approved.

I just read in this forum that the 6 month pre surgery mandatory diet requirement has been done away with by the insurance company.  Does anyone know what else the insurance might require in order for them to approve the surgery?  If I can get approved right away and get the surgery right away, that would be better than having to wait until July.

So, basically asking what other requirements the insurance carrier might want of me that would take time to complete?

Thanks...sorry for the long post.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

MsUnsupported
on 3/18/13 4:35 pm - OK
My sister is also with BCBS and they approved her however she had 2 comorbities and a high bmi.
okiebug68
on 3/23/13 3:06 pm - OK
I am from Miami Ok bout an hour from Tulsa. I am having surgery in Mexico on April 2nd. Just thought maybe we cld keep in touch and help and support one another. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics