What's up y'all? Going in to see the doctor on the 24th!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/13 4:58 am

I've decided to go through with it and set an appointment for WLS. I'm going to be seeing Dr. Ayoola in Denton because a couple of friends are going to him as well. I haven't decided on what surgery I really want yet. I was going for the switch, but I am leaning more towards the sleeve. I wanted the switch because it seemed right for me, but I don't really want to have things rearranged. Then I started looking into the sleeve because it basically just restricts my food consumption. I don't have an over eating problem. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat, but I don't eat excessively. I've always been bigger my whole life, and i've tried all kinds of diets and exercise, it just never stuck with me.

I really started looking into it after I found out my mother has diabetes and is basically going blind from it. Another reason I started looking into it is because I just turned 30, I have 3 kids and I need to be more healthy for them. I'm tired of being tired and seeing my kids disappointed because I have no energy what so ever to do anything. I want to do this for myself...but I want it more for my kids.

What surgery are you guys looking at and why?

mama2girls
on 9/14/13 10:23 pm
I got the sleeve more than 2 years ago, I highly recommend weightwise in Edmond. I think if it wasn't for all the education and prediet I wouldn't be so successful. I lost 200 pounds in about 16 months and I fluctuate now about 7 pounds but still down 35 pounds from my secondary goal. (My first goal was 220 and second was 190).

I like the sleeve because my body anatomy has not changed. I guess for some they said the bypass was better because u get dumping with it and if u crave sugar that'll keep you from eating it.
Don't let me lie to you I know MANY who have gained the weight back and it is work. The surgery is a tool to help you change the way you eat and live your life. I still have struggles but I am the WINNER!
If its not quantity maybe the sleeve is not right. My problem was never losing weight I've lost 100 pounds a few times its maintaining that I have always struggled with and I don't have a problem not eating certain things but just loved to eat, so the sleeve was good for me to train myself and to get away from carbs.
BTW I am 32 with 2 kids I was 30 at time of surgery my baby was only 7 months but I pretty much gave birth and walked into the clinic, I knew I needed to be there for my kids and at 375 it wasn't looking that way.

Good luck!!!!!!

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

stephanieplum
on 9/16/13 8:03 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I had the sleeve surgery because I wanted to keep my pyloric valve and I didn't want to rearrange my guts:). I also didn't want the vigorous life long regime of vitamins.  I was a patient of Dr. Stewart's in Denton.  I'm at goal and happy with my choice.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics