Recent Posts

BIGGY
on 10/3/22 10:15 am - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12
Topic: RE: How much was your bill??

10k with Dr. Walton in Edmond . About 2k with all the testing needed. No insurance.

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

lottiebinns
on 3/31/18 2:52 pm
RNY on 07/09/14
Topic: OU Medical Plastic Surgery Residency Program
  • Has anyone used the OU Medical Plastic Surgery Residency Program (new surgeons learning)? I heard the prices are cheaper than private plastic surgeons because they are learning. How was your experience? How was your results?What was the prices of your surgery? Did they offer insurance as well?? I'm looking into this program but having a hard time finding any reviews. I was thinking of using Dr. Suhair Maqusi.
sherrie T.
on 2/24/18 10:00 am - CLAREMORE, OK
Topic: RE: OKC LOOKING FOR SUPPORT GROUP!

its sad to me how this board has died down. I remember when I could come here for support and advice. I guess life and people move on. I recently got my prior authorization from my insurance to start the next phase towards getting wls. I have been trying to get insurance to help me for many years. I was hoping to come here and find some encouraging words but I guess like me everyone else got busy else where and forgot about this page. so sad..

sherrie T.
on 2/24/18 9:51 am - CLAREMORE, OK
Topic: RE: Here I go again!!

Wow.. that was 4 years and almost 4 months ago and I just got my prior authorization yesterday. I can say that some of the reason is my fault. But now I am back on track and moving forward.

cat59
on 1/23/18 2:20 pm - Reydon, OK
Topic: RE: OKC LOOKING FOR SUPPORT GROUP!

WeightWise Baratrics in Edmond has a support group that meets regularly. The clinic's psychologist runs the group, and you have everyone from pre-surgery to post-surgery in there. It's very good, and post-ops answer a lot of the questions that they have. I'll never forget a woman who was worried about having WLS because she didn't want flabby skin. All 3 of us sitting up front answering questions looked at each other, and without missing a beat raised our arms and flapped our bat wings. Then we told her, these are our badge of honor. These show that we were committed to getting healthy, and no amount of flabby skin was going to hold us back. Yes, I would love to have plastic surgery someday, but to have done what I need is upwards of $35k, so Spanx do the job nicely except for my arms, and that's something I deal with.

cat59
on 1/23/18 2:16 pm - Reydon, OK
Topic: RE: 11 years Banded and Getting ready to say GoodBye

This board was very active 10 years ago. A group of us became friends and met in real life to walk and to eat out once a month with our Sos together. My surgeon was Dr. Greg Walton at WeightWise Bariatrics in Edmond, and he was assisted by Dr. Toby Brussard. Nobody else was going to touch me but Dr. Walton. He is a talented surgeon, and I have long known his reputation. His wife was on my son's Make-A-Wish team several years ago. Could your surgeon do a sleeve or gastric bypass while he's in removing your band? Wondering if that's an option versus fixing your stomach and your losing your weightloss tool. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Kathryn B.
on 1/8/17 3:24 pm - Midwest City, OK

No there isn't, sadly I have found that most people and insurance companies are in the dark ages when it comes to WLS and the tool that it can be to people. If your on Facebook please look me up Kathryn Hubert

pammieanne
on 1/8/17 2:17 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Well I hope your surgery goes well! Nice to 'meet' someone else from Oklahoma... there aren't many here, for sure!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Kathryn B.
on 1/6/17 11:44 am - Midwest City, OK

I am bad about posting lol !!!

I am set for surgery on 1/13/2017 at Mercy Hospital.  Dr Hooper will be doing my removal.  I have not made up my mind if I will do a revision down the road or not but if I do I will look to her.  

How awesome I live and work in Midwest City. 

pammieanne
on 1/4/17 1:55 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I just saw this post. I'm horrible about checking the Oklahoma Board, because it's always so quiet over here!

Have you had your surgery yet? Who is your surgeon?

I live in Piedmont, and work in the city... so we're practically neighbors! LOL

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics