loose skin

Barb L.
on 5/18/11 10:29 pm - Toronto, Canada
I think I heard somewhere that your lower abdomen can be tightened and covered by ohip.  Is this true?  Can they tightened your lower abdomen.

Sweetpea
Catnip
on 5/18/11 10:34 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 If your panni is larger then a certain size then OHIP will pay to have it removed but there is no tightening.

Tightening would be a tummy tuck and that is self pay, although there is a good surgeon in TO that will work with OHIP for the panni and then you pay the extra for the tuck portion.

I am sure someone who has used him will chime in soon as his work is awesome and many herer have used his services.

Good luck

CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

flyingwoman
on 5/18/11 10:39 pm
I think you're referring to Dr. Narayanan Nandagopal.
Monica M.
on 5/18/11 10:56 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
they will pay for a  "panniculectomy", it needs to hang down so far, and you might need to have documentation with your family doctor of frequent rashes and stuff like that. You can negotiate with surgeons to do something over and above that, that you will need to pay for. (but if OHIP pays for the panniculectomy, that covers the cost of the anaesthesia and operating room, so you'd only be paying the surgeons's fees)

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 11:22 pm, edited 5/18/11 11:24 pm - Canada
Panniculectomy and/or breast reduction is covered by OHIP if:

- You've lost more than 100lbs
- there is a documented medical history of skin lesions/breakdowns/rashes/infections due to the excess loose skin.
- the loose skin has led to other hygiene issues (problems with urination, yeast infections, etc.)

This is a skin removal only and does not cover "tightening" of the abdominal muscles.  That would be a tummy tuck and is not covered by OHIP (although you can upgrade).
Bonnie ABC
on 5/19/11 5:37 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Is the
- You've lost more than 100lbs
really part of it?  I've not heard that before.  Is it on the OHIP site?

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Barb L.
on 5/18/11 11:42 pm - Toronto, Canada
that  is great news, I could use a breast reduction because I am not losing weight there.  I am almost at the 100 pound mark so that is great news, thanks
ShrinkingHopefully
on 5/19/11 4:17 am
 Look into it but you want to wait til all the weight is off before you have the panni removed or any ps because it will not be as successful and could end up with more loose skin.
Most Active
Recent Topics