help with gas

brenda65
on 3/14/12 10:11 am - Ottawa, Canada

hi everyone

for the past few days i been having gas really bad. i feel very bloated and it sound like  a volcano in there. what should i do?.. i have used gas x and i forgot what the other one is called its a no name shoppers one. you chew the chalky tablet.. any ideas please?
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Monica M.
on 3/14/12 10:21 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
is the gas coming out?

brenda65
on 3/14/12 3:54 pm - Ottawa, Canada
yes it's coming out.but not much relief. it's almost 2 am and i had to get up because of the discomfort
July 4- Sugery

Monica M.
on 3/14/12 8:29 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
well, at least it is coming out. I would give your doc a call. See what suggestions they have

One suggestion i have is don't hold back, when you have to pass gass do it.

CanDoItFour
on 3/14/12 10:22 am - Canada

I started having really bad gas too about a month ago, and GAS-X didn't work for me either.  In desperation I tried Zantac which helped a lot, and which I used to use pre-surgery - but it still wasn't enough. 

I then went to my GP, who prescribed Prevacid which is what TWH sent us home with post-surgery.  It's done the trick !!! 

I also contacted my clinic (Nurse Practitioner) to confirm that this was OK, and she spoke to my surgeon.  I am going to have a scope done in May to be sure there is nothing funny going on.

Gas / stomach pain is not something to ignore I think.  I'd suggest you contact your doctor or clinic when you can.  In the meantime, keep your foods simple and drink your water.  I reverted to protein drinks for 3 weeks until I started to feel better.

Claire
Susan B.
on 3/14/12 10:34 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Anytime there is a change in bowel habits, if you cannot track it to something you ate or a "bug" You should be concerned and follow up with a Doctor.

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Lorraine M.
on 3/14/12 12:57 pm - Canada
 Hi Brenda,

I too have been put on the fastab prevacid. Doc told me probably for rest of my life as I have had a hiatus hernia fixed twice. Just a thought but how have you been sleeping? I find that if I am a little stuffy and breathe through my mouth it takes in a lot of air that goes right down and starts the volcano rumbling and then comes out the other end later in the day. oops .

or if you have been eating a lot of beans or cabbage you may want to take a Beano before eating. If it doesnt get better you may want to discuss with your clinic.
I definately have a chatty pouch sometimes too but it passes.

brenda65
on 3/14/12 3:58 pm - Ottawa, Canada
about the sleeping question. i dont sleep with my mouth open.i have to use a c-pap machine
July 4- Sugery

brenda65
on 3/14/12 3:56 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thank you everyone for your help/ideas. i will contact the WLC tomorrow to see what they suggest
July 4- Sugery

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 8:36 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Brenda, have you changed change any food or drink lately?  Last year, I bought a new herbal tea that I loved but every night after I drank a few cups, my belly would swell til I looked almost 9 months pregnant.  My stomach was very distended and it hurt like hell and I'd fart a bit but not enough to get it all out.  Some nights I'd be up most of the night in agony and nothing helped but trying to get it out.  As soon as I figured out it always happened after the tea, I stopped the tea and it went away.   Hope you get some relief soon as it's no fun feeling like your stomach is about to explode.
Most Active
Recent Topics