jaxie77 · 8 replies · 82 views
Chike protein ?
Laurie_L · 0 replies · 43 views
Got my date!!
Seyenna · 5 replies · 61 views

Tim Hortons Frozen Lemonade

meg26
on 7/4/12 3:03 pm - Canada
I tasted one and it was so yummy!  So looked it up and the small is about 120 calories made up of 26 grams of sugar.

How bad is this for an occasional treat?  Im 2 and a half years post op and I'm pretty steady but sometimes I get confused about sugar and stuff

Any opinions???
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/4/12 3:19 pm - Windsor, Canada
 It's all sugar.    It's pretty much liquid crap.   
I would be on the floor I'm sure after having one.  I'll stick to iced coffee

Dawn

8+ Years Post Op RNY.  Read about my first year here and Click here for My LongTimer blog. (my newest journal!!).    I love answering questions of preops! ****Ask me about the Windsor WLS Support Group****      Facebook group : bariatric long-timers for those 3 yrs plus!             
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children... to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." *~Ralph Waldo Emerson~*

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/12 6:29 pm - Guelph, Canada
 im glad you posted that I was afraid to try I dont want to ever dump..LOL im a big chicken 
Mary A.
on 7/5/12 8:21 am
On July 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, Diminishing Dawn wrote:
 It's all sugar.    It's pretty much liquid crap.   
I would be on the floor I'm sure after having one.  I'll stick to iced coffee

Dawn

I dump on ANYTHING over about 12-16grams.....any smoothie, or Frozen juice of any kind is as Dawn stated "liquid crap"..it doesn't matter how "healthy" they try to make it out to be!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

joyousjem
on 7/4/12 3:58 pm - Canada
I wouldn't...even as a treat. Even at 3yrs post RNY I still react badly to added sugar and avoid those things like they were poison.
As previously said it's a cup of crap. Try making your own with splenda and REAL lemon and crushed ice....then share the recipe.
Best wishes
Joy

denise_norman
on 7/4/12 4:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
 I have actually had 3 so far over a month and found them not bad. I never thought of the. Sugar content. Lol I am 4montgs post op. I guess I need to be more careful. 

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

Monica M.
on 7/4/12 7:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
denise, you need to be more aware of what you're putting into your body. At 4 months, you should still be obsessively reading labels, asking for sugar free stuff!!! please!!! you're going to dig yourself a big deep hole if you don't be more aware.

PatXYZ
on 7/4/12 8:48 pm
Jesus Christ! So I guess you don't dump, eh?
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Tabetha A.
on 7/4/12 5:20 pm - Ajax, Canada
 At 5 years out.. they still make me sick.  Though if you have to have one... you can ask for half syrup instead of the full dose... I also found that coming home and just squeezing lemon juice into a glass of heavily iced water tasted just as delicious with less sickness :)

Lilypie - (emW4)

Lilypie - (hnmP) 

Monica M.
on 7/4/12 6:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
really bad.

macrobug1
on 7/4/12 10:40 pm
I had about three sips of one several weeks back.  I had an instant sugar headache and acid reflux and needed to drink several bottles of water before feeling normal.  Pre-op and non-diabetic.

Not worth it.
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/5/12 5:01 am
26 grams is a Ginormous amount of sugar!

Oh Denise please take Monicas advice.
(I'd be in a coma eating that at 4 months -prob. would now too!)

denise_norman
on 7/5/12 5:34 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
 Believe me when I say I won't be having those anymore! It was a real eye opener. 

Monica, I do read all labels. Honestly. I don't know what happened with the lemonade but I will be more careful. 

Thanks everyone for your input. I have dumped once and I don't want to go through that again. 
I appreciate everyone's concern. This is why I love reading everyone's posts because you learn lots of valuable information.
Have a great day! 
Denise

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

Karen M.
on 7/5/12 6:13 am - Mississauga, Canada
I wouldn't dream of even having a sip of that and I'm 6+ years out. Pure sugary crap I'm afraid.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kim_68
on 7/5/12 7:49 am
Interesting. I'm just about 4yrs post-op and thought they tasted like ass! I agree with Tabetha - make your own with FRESH lemons and ice water. If you need the sweet aspect, use sweetener.

Tracey 112205
on 7/5/12 8:05 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I can have sugar and I tried it and thought it was nasty.  It was nothing but pure sugar with very little lemon taste.  I couldn't even finish a small one as it was just too gross.
Mary A.
on 7/5/12 8:22 am
I bought an ice shaver a couple of years ago for the kids and we use SF syrups and on occasion I have one of those instead

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Hockeymom73
on 7/5/12 4:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/12
  I had one with my youngest son about 1 month ago and it was truly gross.  I threw it away after two sips.  There is no lemon flavour just sickly sweet taste.  I'm not diabetic and I'm pre-op.  My son also didn't like it and he's 11 and a twig.  So glad he has better taste.

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199