Showers after surgery

zombiesugar
on 8/30/12 5:15 am
I've heard a few different stories about being allowed to shower after surgery. I've seen posts where people were allowed and physically able to shower in the hospital and other posts where people were told not to shower for like 4 days!!

I'm having surgery at St. Mike's at the end of September with Dr. G. Anyone else had surgery at the same hospital - what were your instructions?
Monica M.
on 8/30/12 5:18 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i had surgery at HRRH, i had surgery on Wednesday, was able to shower on Friday.

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 8/30/12 5:24 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
I was also at HRRH. Surgery on Wednesday. Shower on Friday before I was released. I think it was the best shower I ever had!
Cher

dna
on 8/30/12 5:40 am - Canada
I can let you know !  lol My surgery is today with Dr G at St Mikes :) 
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

RazzBJam
on 8/30/12 5:54 am - Canada
Goodluck and wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

NorthernStar
on 8/30/12 8:09 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I didn't shower at the hospital. I had surgery on Monday and had a shower as soon as I got home on Wednesday. I just took really quick, short showers and was careful not to le****er spray on my incisions. After I made sure the bandages were able to dry properly.
zombiesugar
on 8/30/12 9:01 am
I'm so picky about being able to shower every morning - but I'm sure I won't even be worrying about it.

I saw on another post someone suggested bringing that 'dry' shampoo to the hospital. I might  try that!

Congrats on your surgery today!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/12 9:12 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
 I had surgery on friday and showered on saturday. 

Donna E.
on 8/30/12 1:12 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
 I had surgery at St. Mikes with Dr. G on Aug. 16.  I was advised wait 48 hours after surgery.  He  did not use staples or stitches.  Tape was used and it is best to wait 48 hours for them to take hold.  Good Luck.  Nurses at St. Mikes were so cheerful.

BluEyedCin
on 8/30/12 4:29 pm
I am a freak I have to shower everyday sometimes twice...not looking forward not getting my shower fix..me will be grumpy!

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics