Positive thinking/Gratitude thread for the day

slrm2m2
on 2/3/13 12:35 am - Canada

Even though I've been irritable and short tempered for most of January, its never too late to decide to be nicer and more loving to my kid.  I'm very lucky to have such a fabulous, smart and loving son in my life and today I will focus on enjoying him as much as I can.  He's 8 and I know they grow up fast...so why waste a day being grumpy and missing out on appreciating him and feeling grateful for his presence in my life.  I will not sweat the small stuff and adopt an attitude of fun loving, easy goingness today!

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

2mar
on 2/3/13 12:47 am
RNY on 09/20/12

Wonderful! You are a very lucky woman to have such a wonderful little one – and to realise it!

I had a very rough time as well. My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. My mother had surgery 2 weeks ago and the surgery failed so it would have left her blind.

I am grateful for the fact that my hubby is keeping his spirits up and that he continues to fight. I am also grateful that we were able to rush mom to the university hospital where they were able to re-do the surgery and undo the damage the first surgery caused. There is a good chance she will regain her sight in her right eye.

… And I am grateful for the snow – the little things in life – and also for the fact that I am trying hard and mainly succeeding in “being ok” – grateful for the “fight” inside of me – and for the support from everybody.   And for the fact that despite everything… I am not binging… (Yeah for me – LOL) and for able to keep my “sense of humor and perspective”.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Patm
on 2/3/13 5:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You are really under a lot of pressure. I am impressed by the control you have had not to binge. I hope life becomes easier for you.

slrm2m2
on 2/3/13 7:58 am, edited 2/3/13 7:58 am - Canada

oh my, that is some seriously stressful stuff happening in your life right now.  I love that you recognize "the fight" inside yourself...celebrate it and nurture it!  And a total wow that you aren't binging...good for you, that's awesome and a real accomplishment during this time of increased stress.  Sending good wishes and hopes for things to be as good as they can for you and your loved ones.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

2mar
on 2/3/13 8:12 am
RNY on 09/20/12

thanks - One day at the time - like all of us  We all need to put "one foot in front of the other" some days.

Thanks for your support. Really means a lot.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/13 10:19 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Wow Mar2 you sure have a lot on your plate right now. I am so happy that you have been able to avoid binging with all that is going on. You will need your health and strength to carry you through what is to come. Best Wishes as you travel this road. 

ReadyToLiveLisa
on 2/3/13 12:54 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 08/02/13

I am grateful, for my sister(best friend)

She has been in my life since, 9th grade. And she always knows what to say or do to get my spirits back in check and get me going. 

~RTLL

Referral:April 4th, 2012.Letter Received for Orientation:June 4th, 2012.Orientation: Sept. 24th, 2012. Blood Work: Dec 14th, 2012. Dietician: January 30th, 2013. ECG Done: January 30th, 2013 Gastroscopy: Feb. 5th, 2013. Social Worker: Feb. 8th, 2013(Canceled, due to snow storm). Abdominal Ultrasound: Feb. 12th, 2013. Surgeons Appt. Feb. 20th, 2013. Social Worker(Rescheduled): Feb. 25th, 2013. Internist: March 4th, 2013. Meet the Surgeon: March 12th, 2013.No Sleep Test Needed. Opti Started: July 16 - 30, 2013.Nutrition Class: July 18th, 2013. PATTS: July 19th, 2013 Surgery: August 2nd, 2013.

time2changeme
on 2/3/13 1:15 am

Start everyday with a smile.....enlightened

No one is in charge of your happiness except you!  

Lizzie54
on 2/3/13 1:53 am - Canada

I am grateful for able to do housecleaning without taking breaks and being out of breath!

Liz   

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/13 2:11 am, edited 2/3/13 5:14 am - Straford, Canada

kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics