What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

TanyaLH
on 10/29/14 6:40 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 13692

Morning all

Off to work soon, nothing else planned. I got the cold, feel crappy. Meeting a friend for coffee/tea this evening.

B- protein coffee, 1 egg muffin w/ ham and mushroom, 1 sl chia bread toasted twice

S- 1/3 c greek yogurt

L- 3/4 c garden salad w/ 3 oz chicken breast, ff greek dressing (1tbs)

D- 1 c turkey veg soup (homemade)

S- Blueberry herbal tea 4 oz skim milk 

be well everyone

Tanya

crqvingchange
on 10/29/14 8:29 pm

Sorry you are feeling crappy Tanya, there certainly a lot of this cold/flu going around.  Homemade turkey soup should help you feel better.  Today it's swimming, carving a pumpkin, get together with neighbours this evening and the usual bevy of household chores. 

3 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming

S. Poached duck egg on 1/2 and English muffin with a little Hollandaise

L. Unjury chicken soup

S. Fit Frappe hot chocolate 

D.  The last of the Swiss Chalet chicken with a little mashed potato

S. Another Fit Frappe hot chocolate

Have a wonderful day everyone

birdiegirl
on 10/29/14 9:19 pm

RNY  5 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing in the heat of the day today at a course I've wanted to play for years.  Taking a few eats with me.  Home tonight with our guests

STEPS - 13250

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

Early lunch - 2 ham and pickle roll ups

Goodfoods chicken-walnut - cranberry salad

S on course - pure protein bar

1 cup of whole strawberries

After - 1 Michelob ultra low carb beer

D - burger with all the fixings on an Arnolds 100 calorie thin

1  cup of kale salad

glass of merlot

S - Light and fit greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,607,  Carbs - 105 Grams,  Fat - 45 Grams,  Protein - 134 Grams

3 litres of water at least - all vits

Have a great one  

Patm
on 10/30/14 12:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Enjoy your golfing. Keep hydrated

Patm
on 10/30/14 12:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry you are feeling crappy Tanya. Hope it goes away fast.

Didn't end up going for a long bike ride yesterday. Decided just to bike near home. Just after we got started the wind came up in gusts and the sky started to blacken. We were sure there was going to be a storm. So we stopped for some groceries and then went home. We should have just kept going. It never rained at all. We will see what today's weather brings.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l ham pea/lentil soup

s simply bar

d ribs , acorn squash

s will see

cal 907, carb 89.7, prot 80.3

Karen M.
on 10/30/14 2:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

Afternoon all :)

Ummm.... is it me or is OH different today?

Tanya, I hope you're feeling better!

Been cooking this morning (white chili and crustless quiche), house stuff, an errand to run, Andrew is coming for dinner, that's about it!

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - a few parm chips to nibble on while I cook

L - crustless quiche (equal to 1.5 eggs, ham/bacon/peppers/onions/mushrooms, lots of old cheddar)

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - white chicken chili, a little sour cream and shredded old cheddar to top

S - likely just decaf with cream

Have a great day!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 10/30/14 8:44 am

Hope you feel better soon Tanya, there are a lot of colds going around right now.  Your homemade soup sounds like just the thing!  Tomorrow will be 11 weeks out for me, amazing how time flies by now compared to when I was waiting for surgery.  Going to take a nice long hot bath tonight, maybe do an egg white mask too, we shall see.

10.9 weeks post op rny

b - premier protein shake, multi, b12...later 1 melba toast with a cheese string

s -  simply protein bar caramel flavour, xl decaf coffee

l - homemade lentil beef chilli leftovers from frozen

s - 2 greek yogurts, one lemon liberte and one sf key lime, 1/4 of a smart for life protein bar

d - cabbage turkey crockpot meal leftovers, still have to try it.  May add some cheese if it is not tasting great.

s - sf protein chai tea

before bed: omega, vit d

Karen M.
on 10/30/14 8:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

A couple of things...

Eleven weeks already! WOW, time flies and look how well you are doing with everything! :)

About the protein chai tea - please tell me more, this is a must-know situation.

Thankyouverymuch.

Karen

Zizzler
on 10/30/14 9:21 am

The protein chai tea is just skim milk or unsweetened almond breeze whisked with plain protein powder.  Then I add a little sf davinci chai tea syrup to taste and heat until hot in the microwave.  Be careful not to get it too hot or it will curdle, maybe check it every 30 seconds or so.  If you have a thermometer don't let it get hotter than 120 degrees or it will curdle.  After I take it out I like to whisk it again or use my hand blender to make it frothy.  If you try it let me know how it goes, it may take a little trial and error.  Thanks for the encouragement, I am amazed at the changes that are happening right now and so grateful to have had this surgery.

Karen M.
on 10/30/14 10:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Ahhhh... okay, I didn't realize that Davinci made a chai syrup. I make a chai tea latte similarly but with milk, chai tea bags and cinnamon syrup. I like things very HOT and don't have good luck with warming up protein powder - my own fault when it curdles. lol

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics