Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Area

Vie77
on 10/29/14 4:38 am - Hamilton, Canada

I had the bariatric procedure 1 year ago last month. So far I've lost 136lbs. I still need to lose about 45lbs. My fat is still located in the abdominal region but I have alot of hanging excess skin that droops down & covers my pelvic region. I'm looking to begin the procedure to have a "tummy tuck" hopefully covered by OHIP. anyone out there have a good plastic surgeon to refer me to that is willing to do the paperwork to get OHIP to cover???

Karen M.
on 10/29/14 5:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

OHIP will not pay for a "tummy tuck". They will, however, pay for a panniculectomy if it is medically warranted (skin removal below the belly button, the "apron" of excess skin that hangs there). You would have to pay the difference for the full abdominoplasty.

I had a panniculectomy (no abdominoplasty) in January 2013 with excellent results with Dr. Cory Goldberg. http://www.corygoldbergmd.com/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Shilohboy534
on 10/29/14 9:38 am

Dr Frank Lista is the best.  He did my tummy tuck five years ago and I am soooo pleased!  He is located in Mississauga as well. @ the plastic surgery clinic.  Just google his name and he should pop up.  Good luck. I paid 8,000 and it was worth every penny. 

Mary A.
on 10/29/14 11:52 pm

I went to Dr. Sarah Wong in Scarborough, I had only the panni removal done and I am very happy with that.  I fyou are concerned about stretch marks or having that hour glass figure and want to upgrade for a FULL tummy tuck as pointed out (OHIP doe snto cover), I was quoted $6,000 and others higher.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Needanewbeginning
on 10/30/14 8:00 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Dr Lista is amazing. I know a couple of people who saw him. I had a consult with one of his students, Dr Juggenburg who works out of the Royal York hotel. Yes, insanely expensive for his procedures but I have to admit if I had the money ($12,995) I would do it with him. Juggenburg is rated number one in Canada, seriously. 

I am having my tt done in Barrie with Dr Tumi, who is also very, very good. I have a great friend *****cently had her tt done with him as well (Mad Max) and I tell you his work is incredible! 

Its well worth shopping around. You need to find one that your comfortable with. You will find costs are all over the place it seems. Many are around $4500-$7000 for a tt, mons repair and lipo. 

Good luck.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics