Craving salty snacks!

TeraLee
on 10/31/14 12:58 pm

I'm on the pureed stage and really hating it. I honestly would rather not eat anything most of the time but right now I'm fighting major cravings for all this crunchy and salty... Chips, popcorn, pickles anything!!!

any suggestions? 

Karen M.
on 10/31/14 11:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Savory foods at this point would help - soups, stews, chili can all be pureed. Add a little salt to them if necessary as salt is not evil (if you really want to hate something, hate refined sugar, it's the devil incarnate).  I'm not recommending this, but I know a few successful vets who advocate drinking a little pickle juice. As for crunchy - well, that will depend on your centre's food plan really. Chips, popcorn and the like absolutely NOT. Making some cheese chips may be an option, but again it depends on your food plan.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TeraLee
on 11/1/14 12:54 am

Thanks Karen- I know none of it is part of the food plan. Just sick of eating mush, the thought actually makes me want to gag. 

I To sleep and avoided eating anything. 

nbeatty
on 11/1/14 12:59 am - Aurora, Canada
RNY on 10/03/14

When I was in the pureed stage, I could eat Saltine crackers.  If those are on your plan, that might do the trick, once you eat your protein & veggies first. :)

Orientation: Jan 27, 2014, Surgeon: Feb 14, 2014, Doctor Internal Medecine: May 5, 2014,  Nurse/Social Worker/Dietician: May 7, 2014, 2nd Visit Social Worker: June 20, 2014, 2nd visit Surgeon: July 11, 2014, PATT (HRRH): Sep 18, 2014 Surgery Date: Oct 3, 2014

joeyanne
on 11/2/14 1:48 am - Canada

If you really needed something Special K has a cracker/chip. 2%fat 0%saturated/trans 0%cholesteral 6%sodium 3%potassium 5%carbs 4%fiber 2grams sugar 1gram protien 80 cals in 18 crackers. And Presidents Choice has Penguin cheddar snacks with 0 sugar. 

REF Nov 28/13. INFO Mar 10/14. SOHI Apr 11/14. R.N,DIETITIAN and DR GLAZIER Jun 23/14. SW Jul 17/14. SOHI Jul 25/14. SURGERY Oct 10/14

birdiegirl
on 11/2/14 3:07 am

nbeatty and joeyann - I would really like to caution you both on crackers of any sort.  They can be a slippery slope.  In many ways they are no better then cookies or chips.  I have seen so many be derailed by crackers - more then any other food type.

You might think that a few crackers when you are eating so little is OK....its just so diffiuclt to stop at a few - they are slider foods with no redeeming qualities. 

Big caution on this

Karen M.
on 11/2/14 3:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Crackers are very aptly named: CRACK-ers.

Completely agree. No need for them at all early out. Even now, they're simply vessels to deliver the good stuff on top.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TeraLee
on 11/2/14 7:03 am

I've been using crackers to eat hummus. 

Nikipie_72
on 11/3/14 5:05 am - Canada

Snapea Crisps are what I chose to eat they go right to mush in my mouth I feel safe eating them give them a try you may find it was just what you were looking for I got mine at Costco.

Nicole

joeyanne
on 11/4/14 4:17 am - Canada

I do not eat them. I buy these for my girls.

Thought if she really needed something these would be a better choice then a lot of things out there.

REF Nov 28/13. INFO Mar 10/14. SOHI Apr 11/14. R.N,DIETITIAN and DR GLAZIER Jun 23/14. SW Jul 17/14. SOHI Jul 25/14. SURGERY Oct 10/14

Most Active
Recent Topics