What are you doing/eating today ( Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 11/22/14 6:51 pm

RNY 5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Had a fantastic time at the dance last night.  I dont think I sat down all night.  We closed the place.  Golfing this morning - followed by brunch...home this evening. 

STEPS - 13,460

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

1 cup of eggbeaters scrambled

L - small egg white omelette with veggies

4 slices of bacon

1 slice of toast

D - 4 oz beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of green beans

small caesar salad

2-3 home made oven fries

glass of beaujolais nouveau

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,346,  Carbs - 67 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 102 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one 

Patm
on 11/22/14 10:15 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Glad your dance was so much fun.  I have a ton of things to get done today. Not sure where to start. I do know I need to grocery shop. My DH was suppose to bring home yogurt yesterday and forgot. He works in a grocery store!. He had such a bad day he just wanted to leave and did not want to line up. I walked right past a grocery store on my way back from walking the dog. I would of picked some up if I had known. Oh well.

b coffee protein shake

l salad with egg and blue cheese

s apple

d pork tenderloin, kale salad, broccoli

s yogurt, granola, raspberries

cal 834, carb 69.7 prot 83.6

Zizzler
on 11/22/14 10:34 pm

The dancing sounds awesome, glad you had a good time. Must feel great!  Not much going on today, more cleaning, doing some laundry for next week.  I need to sort my clothes too, taking out the ones that are just to big to use a pin to wear them.  My problem is some of them still fit at the belly but are way too big at the bust/chest, so what I do is use a diaper pin on the neckline and that works in some cases.  Last night I was watching a movie and started crying uncontrollably afterward. Every time I get a sudden surge of emotions since surgery it means I have lost weight.  Sure enough, I stepped on the scale and had lost 3 pounds from the day before.  This has become the norm for me so I can accept it, but sometimes it sneaks up on me before I realize what is going on. Anyone else experience this?  It was the most intense right after surgery and I would get panic attacks, now it appears to have eased to just a severe crying fit. Plan for today is to either do my regular routine at the gym or take a bodyflow class, which I have not done in nearly 3 years.  We shall see what the day brings.

14 week post op rny

b -  premier protein shake

s - cottage cheese smoothie with a little mixed fruit

l - white kidney beans with habanero cheese, franks red hot sauce, plain greek yogurt

s - half a protein bar, quest mixed berries

d - protein with vegetable, going out for dinner

s - homemade protein ball with almonds - peanut butter, protein powder, vanilla extract, sliced almonds

all vits and water

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 11/23/14 1:00 am

This is a quick post because we are heading out in two minutes.  Went to the gym this morning and now we are off to a German Brunch with friends.

B. 2 protein shakes at the gym

L. Hopefully some good choices, maybe seafood

D. Bean soup

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate.

Have a great day everyone

Karen M.
on 11/23/14 3:40 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have not experienced this myself, however hormones are stored in fat - perhaps the loss of fat is releasing hormones? I have no clue, just a thought. It does concern me to read that you're having extreme crying jags :/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 11/23/14 12:16 pm

thank you Karen, it is not great but the intensity has become less and less over time, so maybe my body is slowly adjusting.  This one only lasted 5-10 minutes.  My doctor and therapist are both aware of this issue, so I have lots of support. 

Karen M.
on 11/23/14 12:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm really glad to hear this. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 11/23/14 4:16 am

I have not experienced the weepies after WLS, but a friend certainly did.  She would cry at almost anything for quite a while.  I did get the weepies for one week while taking St. John's Wort. It was so embarrassing to have to excuse myself and cry in the bathroom but come back out with very red eyes.  It took me a whole week to figure out what was causing it.

German brunch was interesting and I did get some salmon and a few shrimp, also a small chicken schnitzel (maybe not the best choice)

My internet was down again early this morning, but seems to have resolved itself, fingers crossed it will be OK tomorrow morning.

Zizzler
on 11/23/14 12:26 pm

How long did it take for your friend to feel better?  I do not feel like crying all the time but I do get these crying fits from time to time over small things.  I love schnitzel so much, omg, but have not had it yet post op.  did it go down ok?  Love it with red cabbage or sauerkraut, so good.  I had ribs tonight for the first time since surgery, only 4 and they were not big, went down no problem, which was nice  Going to keep the bones and make a broth out of them for myself using my soup bin scraps, should give the broth a nice smoky flavour. 

crqvingchange
on 11/24/14 1:58 am

I'm not sure how long it took for my friend to feel less teary, I would imagine it depends on how much you had to lose and how your body reacts to the hormone dump.

The chicken schnitzel went down just fine (maybe that's a bad thing)  I did add a little gravy to the top of it and that probably helped.  I have not have any beef, veal or pork as Guelph wants us to wait for 6 months, so ribs are out for now.  The buffet did have red cabbage and sauerkraut which truthfully are not my favourite but I guess it would sub for gravy.  I always take the Swiss Chalet chicken bones and make broth. 

Most Active
Recent Topics