Five things this week

Loaf
on 11/28/14 12:44 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Hi Everybody .  Happy Friday.

So over the course of this week five things happened.

1:  My wife and i went to the mall a couple times just to walk.  and my knees, and back did not bug me at all.  Cant wait to be more then 33 lbs down.

2: We bought the kids some dinner at the food court and i was able to sit in a booth.  I was still making contact with the Table, but it was not tight.  Been a long time since that happened.

2.1:  My wife is 6 months out of a VSG and grabbed some chicken  a noodles for one of my kids, (Chicken for her and Noodles for my kid)  and i had a bite of the chicken.  did not bug me, but what happened socked me.    I was disappointed.  Not with myself for having some chicken to eat.  But with the fact that the Chinese food  i used to love is now... Eh.   nothing special.  take it or leave it.  So the consumption of the Chinese food was what was disappointing to me.  I was expecting this euphoric rush of pleasure that never came. and the plate left the table with food on it.... Never seen that before.  I seem to be getting more joy out of Melba toast and FF cream cheese.

3:   Watching tv last night a commercial came on for Panera bread.  Something about a lunch special   Sandwich  and two sides... and of course they where showing it on TV... and i said something that my lips have never uttered ... EVER>    I looked at my wife and said.  " Holy Christ that is a lot of Food"   I almost passed out when those words came out of my mouth.  Who says that... I do not think stranger words have been uttered.... 

4:  a Co-worker told me that i looked so much younger and less tired.   Thats Awesome.   Bariatric Divoce here i come.  (kidding)

5:   First time since post op i have felt the full feeling.    Up to this point i have stopped eating becasue i am being mindful of the amount of food by weighing it and minding serving sizes.   So last night.. having a snack of soft cheese and Melba toast.    Let me tell you... i was full.. so i stopped fast.   Good to know i am not broken.

today i am 4 weeks post op (in about 5 hours) start week 5 on Sunday and i am feeling great.  Does not hurt to get out of bed.  I have energy , i am not passing out on the couch at 830 at night... Times are good.

I have lost 15 lbs since surgery, 33 since the start of opti  .  Is this a normal pace.  I figured that with eating only about 6-8 hundred cals a day that it would be dropping off faster.  Im not *****ing... well maybe a little bit.

And the oddest scale thing happen as well.   Last weekend i woke up and peed and weighed myself as i normally do.  and bam 5 lbs down in 1 day.. Sweet... until the next morning.. i put on 6 lbs... and i have been slowly dropping every day since then, but where the hell did 11 lbs come and go in 1 day??

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/14 4:32 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks for sharing! Its weird, isn't it? How food tastes so different now. Once I transitioned to real food, I went out last week and got some lean vege burgers, even though I wasn't a fan of them pre op, I was craving that burger experience, and let me tell you, I LOVED IT. I also find I am not loving cheese the way I used to. Nothing tastes horrible, its just not the same. Everyones experience is different, I know. But my tastes have definitely shifted, and i am finding myself craving protein, meat, more than anything else. Where as before surgery, I craved refined carbs.

As for the weight, I just posted about this yesterday. I am trying to not pay too much attention to the scale daily, but do know I am in a stall right now. Have been for ten days. I am totally fine with it because I am focusing on the big picture, you should too! 33lbs in 4 weeks is amazing! Be proud of that!

Keep sharing and good luck!

Jenbg
on 11/28/14 8:58 am - London, Canada

Some of the things you have noted I have thought/said too lol.

As of today I an down 28.4 pounds. I count in the 3 weeks opti diet in there. I believe I lost 14 those weeks.

I am feeling better as each day passes.  I cannot wait to be able to sleep on my side again! My side incisions have been super tender.

So glad to hear you are doing so well!!

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

Most Active
Recent Topics