The last meal before Opti

Swell
on 12/18/14 9:45 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I start Opti on Monday, and all I can think about is what my last meal on Sunday will be. Is this normal? And what did you all have for your last meal?

msmuggins
on 12/18/14 10:06 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I had a lame last meal:  pizza.  I actually found my last weekend before starting Opti to be really depressing.  I think it's because starting Opti made this even more real.  I think I was freaking out because of that.  I'm good now though.  The first couple of days were rough but today is the first good day I've had on Opti.

I hope you have something totally fantastic for your last meal!  And don't worry, you won't miss food by the time you're 3 days in -- I'm not even hungry at all and I can barely get 3 Optis down in a day.

Good luck with your journey!  See you at TWH on Jan. 5th (I think we are surgery buddies!) 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Swell
on 12/19/14 3:14 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

We are surgery buddies! Hopefully we meet on surgery day!

msmuggins
on 12/19/14 6:07 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I was at TWH for half the day doing my pre-admission tests... my hands look like they were used for pin cushions (my blood guy kept forgetting that he had more tubes to fill and kept having to stick me with the needle over and over).  After awhile it just became funny 

It looks like I'm all set until Jan. 5th - so weird to have my last appointment finished!  Hopefully I'll see you there in the recovery ward!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Blueiiis
on 12/18/14 11:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Totally normal!! I had Greek buffet for lunch on the Saturday, then went to Tucker's Marketplace buffet on Sunday night to celebrate my husbands birthday and my birthday together.  And I really enjoyed it, knowing that it was a send off to sweets and things I would not longer want to eat.... It was like making peace with my decision.  For me personally, I felt better doing that because then I was ready for the journey, instead of feeling like I should have done this, or that. Good luck!!

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 11:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well, I didn't do Optifast (there was no such thing 9 years ago) but I did have to do a liver shrinking diet that consisted of lean protein and veggies (no sugar, no/low carb, etc.). To be honest, I didn't really do a "last meal". I was so focused on having surgery that in the days leading up to the pre-op diet, food suddenly held no interest to me. I spent my excess eating time planning/preparing meals for my pre-op diet. lol

I guess I didn't really feel the need for a "food funeral" - I knew I would eventually be able to eat the foods I loved again - in a smarter, more moderated, reasonable fashion of course ;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Delicious_Delilah
on 12/18/14 11:48 am - Ottawa, Canada

I went to my favourite Italian restaurant and had their fresh fettuccine with sausage in  a spicy marinara sauce, a lovely salad, wine, and of course, dessert. As I really wasn't sure I'd ever be able to eat this type of food again, it did feel a bit like a food funeral. As it turns out, I've been back to the same restaurant, and had the same pasta (half order), and ate about half of that with the salad (leftovers the next day).  So really, keep that in mind. 

Of course, there are some things I don't really eat anymore, like fried foods, really fatty, or really sugary -- though a bite here and there...yup!

Good luck!

DD 

highlandbear
on 12/18/14 6:18 pm - Canada

It is very normal  to think about your last meal. I can remember my husband and I went for Chinese food and it was all you can eat and I had such a cold and felt rotten that I hardly ate. Good luck

Kittykatt1329
on 12/18/14 11:57 pm - Alfred, Canada

My husband spoiled me with staying at a nice hotel in downtown Ottawa and having a great dinner at The Keg.  Was a great night.  

Swell
on 12/19/14 2:10 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

Most Active
Recent Topics