What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 12/19/14 7:29 pm, edited 12/19/14 7:33 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 months Post Op

Morning

My big social week is done - still a few lunches and parties but more manageable.  Its amazing how ughh I feel when eating off plan for too long.  Didn't post my eats yesterday as it would have been brutal  

Party this evening - but at least its not a sit down dinner.  There will be heavy finger foods so I will eat dinner prior to arriving to avoid temptation.  Offered to be the DD so water only.

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 cup of eggbeaters with 1/3 cup of shredded habanero scrambled up

D - 3 oz pork tenderloin

1/2 cup of squash

1 fingerling potato

S - Source dessert yogurt

Party - 4 shrimp with ****tail sauce

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 749,  Carbs - 45 Grams,  Fat - 17 Grams,  Protein - 90 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 12/19/14 8:41 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb I understand how you can feel rough after eating what you are not used to eating.  I started eating meat this week and for  two days I have had the meat sweats lol.  Woke up at 6:00 this morning because the battery on the smoke detector was beeping so today it's a trip to buy new batteries and household chores.

The eggnog experiment was a success.  Mix a little sugar free vanilla instant pudding with eggbeaters, the milk or cream of your choice, rum extract and grated nutmeg, add more sweetener if you need it.

5 months post op

B. Chike and an egg later

S. lots of decaf coffee while doing chores

L. Chicken, mushroom and a TB of jasmine rice in a big bowl of chicken broth

S. Chocolate peanut butter protein shake

D. Brisket and mushrooms and some gravy to help if it's dry

S. Protein hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/14 9:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If you want to make a larger batch of eggnog, this one is good. No raw eggs for those afraid to consume raw eggs.  I didn't make it for years as we didn't have FF half n half here but once it showed up, I made it and it was a hit with everyone.

https://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/its-ju st-not-the-holidays-without-eggnog-this-one-is-no-sugar-adde d/

DebS55
on 12/20/14 4:49 am - Canada

With no eggs in it, does it taste like eggnog?

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 4:57 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I find it does, definitely use freshly grated nutmeg though as the other stuff just isn't the same as far as I am concerned.  When I drink real eggngo, I taste the spices more than eggs and this one is the same.

Patm
on 12/19/14 10:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I really need to go grocery shopping. My fridge has never been so empty. I walked up to Kensington market last week to get double smoked bacon for Christmas morning. My DH got into it today. Hope there is still enough left for Thursday. I really do not want to have to go buy more. We only had one egg so I told him to have it. Eggs do not really thrill me since surgery. So my breakfast was a little unusual.

We are going to a comedy show later today and out to dinner. I am not sure where we are eating so have not listed dinner.

b 2 sl bacon, banana

l deli sl turkey, sl cheese, yogurt

s protein bar

d ?

birdiegirl
on 12/19/14 11:56 pm

My DH has finished the baking AND the huge batch of nuts and bolts I made Thursday night.  In one way I am glad as now they aren't in the house calling me...on the other hand really?....even if I hide it - he whines until I retrieve it  - I guess this has now become one of our Christmas traditions - my DH eating everything before Christmas..lol

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 12:12 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I should send you a pic of the inside of my freezer and my DH knows if he touches ANY of it, he will lose his nuts and not the type in the home made nuts and bolts!!

birdiegirl
on 12/20/14 2:34 am

...funny!

Patm
on 12/20/14 11:10 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You obviously have a well trained DH. I think after all these years I have given up!

Most Active
Recent Topics