Learning More

Sandra L.
on 1/25/15 11:47 am

So for the last few weeks my daughter and I have been taking turns cooking and planning our meals a week in advance.  So for today I had planned on cooking liver.  My mother who lives with us was the person who did all the cooking prior to the last two weeks.  I have to say most of the time I never ate what she cooked cause it was horrible and I'd end up going out and buying fast food.  Hence the weight gain.  When my daughter cooks my mom always compliments her on the foods and says what great choices. When I cook she says nothing or she doesn't like it.  Well today before I could get supper started she went ahead and cooked the liver in left over bacon grease.  Any one else gagging at this point.  It was disgusting.  She also didn't make enough vegetables for everyone so I didn't get any of these either.  So I didn't eat dinner.  When I left the room I heard her mumbling "and that is why you are all fat".  I was so angry and left the house to go get something to eat.  But this time I made the healthy choice.   I came back home and she looked at me and said I'm not cooking any more.  Inside I was smiling so much.  Thank goodness.   I made so many strides forward today it felt amazing.  She won't support me.  She told me people who have the surgery gain it all back in three years.  So I told her if she really wanted more info I would be happy to give her.  She grunted at me and walked away.  I am taking control finally!!!

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

1HealthyMomma
on 1/25/15 12:25 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Good for you!!! You keep it up and stay positive and you will do great!!

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

joeyanne
on 1/25/15 10:37 pm - Canada

Yes,good for you. You've already taken the hardest step's.The step's to change your eating habits and the step's to not give a **** what anyone else has to say. This is all about you.

REF Nov 28/13. INFO Mar 10/14. SOHI Apr 11/14. R.N,DIETITIAN and DR GLAZIER Jun 23/14. SW Jul 17/14. SOHI Jul 25/14. SURGERY Oct 10/14

libra1
on 1/26/15 7:36 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

No need to enable her ... success is the best response to her negativity. Well done...you're on your way!

Smile all the way to your goal. It will drive her nuts. LOL!!

Sandra L.
on 1/26/15 8:11 am

Thanks ladies.

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

Most Active
Recent Topics