spanx

Patm
on 1/29/15 11:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I know a lot of people use spanx after surgery for the loose skin. There is a sale in Unionville for anyone interested

Millie146
on 1/29/15 11:52 pm - Canada

Hi Pam!

Have you tried it? I have always heard doctors say that nothing can be done for loose skin unless one is very young... i'm 48. Just wondering what kind of results people get with it? tks

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

kellybelly333
on 1/29/15 11:56 pm - Toronto, Canada

Spanx are great. It doesn't do anything for the loose skin, except hold it in place. When you take them off...your loose skin is free to hang loose again. :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 1/30/15 12:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As Kelly said. just good for giving shape. I actually have a problem putting them on. I have too much arthritis in my hands

TES
on 1/30/15 12:13 am - Ottawa, Canada

It's a shame they don't make them for the face.  I have a chin waddle that I'm seriously considering duct taping ...

TES

Patm
on 1/30/15 12:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thank you. That gave me a great laugh. So true!

Mary A.
on 1/30/15 1:25 am

at 6 years post-op I have readily accepted that there are bulges and bumps in places I would rather they not be "however"....Spanx is a great way to pull it all together and smoothen it out.

I had a pannilectomy last September and that got rid of the huge bulges that looked like double horizontal bums..but it's still nice to pull on the Spanx..and smooth it all out.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/15 4:56 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I wear them only on special occasions now, when in a dress. I have to admit, years of wearing them daily, and now finally feeling OK without them, is a good feeling. I would get a size way too small and torture myself daily! Never again.

Most Active
Recent Topics