When can I take a nice bath?

bubbosmama
on 1/30/15 4:01 am - Canada

I am 11 days post-op and would love to have a nice hot bath instead of a shower.  My incisions have been checked and was told to remove the tapes and that I was healing nicely, but want to be sure that there is not a risk of anything going awry. Anyone know what is recommended?

NorthernStar
on 1/30/15 4:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

They suggest waiting four weeks to go in a pool/public place but a bath at home is different. As long as your incisions are closed, you should be good. For the first little bit, I would probably rinse and wash incisions with fresh water as your getting out of the tub just to be safe. Want to keep those incisions cleans, you've got enough to look after without having trouble there.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

TES
on 1/30/15 4:12 am - Ottawa, Canada

It was at least 6 weeks before I could sit in a bath or swim or anything that involves having your incisions submerged for more than a few seconds.

Best to call your clinic and verify, but from what I remember, it was pretty much 6 weeks across the board.

TES

HFA70
on 1/30/15 5:02 am

I was told 6 weeks also

Millie146
on 1/30/15 7:40 am - Canada

I was told 4 weeks... but being 2 weeks post-op today, and looking forward to aquafit classes... I think Tes is right.... I can't imagine getting ino a pool unless a miracle comes my way. Perhaps i'm a slow healer... The clinic knows best.

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

Most Active
Recent Topics