What Are You Eating/Doing Today? (Friday)

kellybelly333
on 3/5/15 6:08 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all!

Crazy OH day yesterday with trying to post! Looks like things have rectified though. 

I think I got almost 7 hours sleep, so that is happy news for me! Heading downtown shortly for an ultrasound, and see how the old fibroids are doing.  Having a rough time lately, so some decisions need to be made.

Tonight I'm having a pot luck with some WLS friends. Yay! Going off the Paleo plan for that. 

In bigger news, I get to meet Highlandbear in person tomorrow as we head out and check out the Around the Bay course!

B: egg and avocado 

s: banana and almond butter

L: a dense protein salad 

d: ribs, quinoa and more bites of yummy things!

Hace a wonderful day!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 3/5/15 6:22 pm

RNY  5 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Had a great eating day yesterday even with an all day tournament and lunch and dinner provided.  The heat and humidity was brutal which helped as I really am not interested in eating when its so hot.  Drank gallons of water.

Meeting friends for lunch today - home for dinner. 

STEPS - 12,380

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

2 eggs plus 1 egg white scrambled with 1 slice of 2% cheese

L - 5 oz mahi mahi

1/2 cup of zucchini

D - Arugula salad with slices of tomato and 1/2 ball of burratta drizzled with 1 TB of full fat dressing

4 oz grilled swordfish

S - Noosa snack size blueberry yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,012,  Carbs - 31 Grams,  Fat - 50 Grams,  Protein - 99 Grams

All water - plus decaf coffee - iced tea

Have a great one  

kellybelly333
on 3/5/15 6:37 pm - Toronto, Canada

Awesome to hear about the great eating yesterday. And what is this heat you speak of? Sounds vaguely familiar :)

ive never had swordfish. Until I had WLS I was never a fish eater. I still only have mostly mild fish, but I'm glad I have a new live for lobster. I try salmon over and over, hoping I will learn to love it, to no avail. What is swordfish like?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 3/5/15 6:57 pm, edited 3/5/15 7:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

It's Friday - we made it! Work today, Costco after since I didn't make it there yesterday, then home. Trying to figure out when I became such an old lady - what an exciting plan for a Friday. lol

By the way, if anyone has a recommendation for a fabulous coffee thermos, please let me know. The work coffee is killing me (yes, I am admittedly a complete coffee snob) and my daily trips across the street to SC is making my wallet unhappy.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - buying lunch today at the C Café - this is a treat, I have brought lunch and snacks every.single.day. since going back to work in November. Not sure what I will have, because specials and too many choices to ponder at 6 AM.

S - leftover lunch or nothing

D - the last of the leftover Shepherds Pie - I am in love with cauliflower mash that I subbed for the mashed potatoes. Andrew was skeptical (I shouldn't have told him before he ate it lol) but the lowly cauliflower won him over too

S - doubt I will need one - so likely just tea with milk

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BluIzGal
on 3/5/15 7:46 pm, edited 3/5/15 7:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

When you are at Costco check out the Contigo insulated travel mugs. A two pack for $20 and one would be a large cup or two of coffee. They have a locking mechanism to prevent spills and keep my tea hot all day at work. So hot that I can't drink from them. I have to pour it in another cup to cool. 

Patricia

Karen M.
on 3/5/15 7:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you - its the heat retention Im mostly looking for, much appreciated!

Karen

kellybelly333
on 3/5/15 8:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Agreed! My contingo was nice and full of coffee when I left at 5 am yesterday morning...and it sat in my shelf at home all day (sigh) and I took a sip when I got home later....still warm!

Swell
on 3/7/15 2:48 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I love my Bubba coffee mugs--they've kept coffees I made at 6:30am hot until noon, don't spill, and are easy to clean (I'm very picky about the drinking spout/opening). A littler pricier ($20 for one) but they're they only type of mug I buy now.

Karen M.
on 3/7/15 3:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good to know, thank you!

What I really need is my own full size Keurig on my desk, but I think that's a no-go. lol

Karen

Karen M.
on 3/5/15 6:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh! I meant to tell you to say hi to Barb for me and give her a hug - its been ages since I have seen her!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics