What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

TanyaLH
on 3/27/15 6:04 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 9156

Morning all,

Cold day here...waiting patiently for warmer weather....

The water challenge continues, staying focused!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

B 2 egg whites w/ mushroon, onion and a sprinkle of habenaro shedded cheese, protein coffee

S tea, 1/2 sm banana

L 85 g spicy peanut satay tuna, 3/4 cup sweet kale salad

D 3 oz roasted chicken, little gravy, 1/2 c turnip/carrots, 2 bites mashed potato

S more tea.

Be well everyone

Tanya

kellybelly333
on 3/27/15 8:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning!

Tanya I am so done with winter!!!

i am racin Around the Bay tomorrow at it is supposed to be a balmy 2 to 4 degrees by the time we finish! Almost summer weather lol

Going for a short run and yoga this morning. I have a dinner/dance Tonight (super-smart idea before a race...Yep), and a nap in between....I hope.

b: protein coffee

s: banana with almond butter

l: unknown yet

d: I believe it's roast beef. Not sure. I'll have some carbs for fuel and back to regular Paleo eats in Monday. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 3/27/15 9:09 pm

RNY  5 years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing mid morning thru mid afternoon - comedy club this evening. 

STEPS - 5400 - I was a slug yesterday

EATS

B - 2 - 3 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake with small banana and ice blended

L - Pure protein bar

cutie orange

S - 3.5 oz. of shredded chicken done in the slow cooker with taco seasoning

1/6 cup of shredded cheddar

D - small green salad with full fat dressing on the side

3 oz grilled chicken

S - 1 Michelob Ultra

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1.235,  Carbs - 92 Grams,  Fat - 33 Grams,  Protein - 105 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Zizzler
on 3/27/15 9:34 pm

Hey Tanya, is the carrot/turnip called "neeps"? I have had that before mashed together and it was really nice, it was at a Scottish restaurant.  Just wondering if it is the same thing. 

My eyes popped open at 7 even though I would rather have slept longer.  So since I am awake I think I will go to a yoga class offered at my local goodlife.  I have not been for months and wonder if the moves will be easier now that I am a bit smaller.  Last time I was able to do the majority of the moves, but some were just too hard.  Also planning to get organized by making a new master list of all projects and tasks that I need to accomplish in my life.  Then I am going to put them in order of priority and determine possible timelines for each. I have neglected my personal life for too long due to work, I need to give it the priority it deserves.  Also plan to take a long hot bath, watch a movie, read, snuggle my dogs, and maybe take a nap later on.  Errands can wait until tomorrow :0) 

7 months post-op

b - premier protein shake

s - simply protein bar - coconut lemon, later...Dasani sf mango lemonade

l - 3 blue menu meatballs with san marzano tomato alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese, cucumber slices (really love this combo)

s - herbal tea or sf Dasani water

d - same as lunch

s - baby carrots with greek yogurt parmesan dip (from eggface's recipes)

all vits and water

TanyaLH
on 3/27/15 11:10 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I have never heard the neeps word before, but i love turnip and carrots mashed together.

Zizzler
on 3/29/15 5:25 am

Me too, it is a really nice combo.  I googled neeps and it says its mashed turnips or sometimes a combination of turnips and other veg like carrot.  The carrot adds a nice sweetness to the  turnip. 

Patm
on 3/27/15 10:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Off for a walk with the dog soon. Going to St Lawrence Market to pick up a smoked pork hock. I am making soup for church tomorrow. We are doing a lunch to raise money for charity. I will try not to over buy at the market. I forget sometimes it is just me and my husband and I do not eat that much. I will probably pick up some cheeses.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s rye toast

l left over salmon in a salad

d steak, mushrooms, salad, acorn squash

Cal 850, prot 75, carb 60

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/15 1:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I woke up starving this morning.  Strange for me to have an appetite before noon but today I could eat just about anything as I am so hungry.  Decided to eat my dinner for breakfast since it just had to be reheated.  Am hoping it's just the use of narcotics the past few days that have made me hungry as they often do.

B - steak stirfry, roasted brussel sprouts

S - latte made with coconut milk

L - kielbassa, cheese, pickles

S - protein shake

D - beef stew with no potatoes in it

S - if still hungry, will have another protein shake.  Thankfully I don't have any comfort food in the house or I am sure I'd go straight for that the way I am feeling today. I have some cooked chicken breasts, lots of cheese and kielbassa and protein shakes if hunger doesn't ease up so I can run to those.  

Karen M.
on 3/28/15 3:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable breakfast to me. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/15 3:56 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I used to eat leftovers for breakfast often but lately been craving eggs so eating those instead but I was just starving from the moment I got out of bed and knew eggs wouldn't cut it.  I only had one coffee before I ate and that is really unusual.  I just finished lunch and still starving so it has to be the damn oxy doing it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics