Optifast One Day at a Time

Asiina
on 3/30/15 11:22 am

Been on Optifast for about 10 days now.  Surgery is in 2 weeks.  The constant hunger finally went away around day 6 or 7, and now it's just dealing with the mental part of it.  I think about cheating basically every day and have considered basically all possible avenues where "well maybe it could be okay if I had just this..." but I still haven't cheated and I'm going to try really hard not to.  I know that if I do I'll just start the hunger cycle up again and it won't be worth it.  I also know that if I cheat one day then I'll want to cheat the next day too.  So for now I'm just taking it one day at a time.  I am excited to be on the other side of this and starting my new life.

Meggles07
on 3/30/15 11:28 am - Canada

One thing that helped keep me from thinking about cheating during opti was that they said if they found any food they wouldn't do the surgery. My aunt also said that the day she had her lapband surgery, a woman was closed back up without getting her band because she had been eating. Whether its true or not, the thought of not being able to get my surgery kept me in line :)

cherg24
on 3/30/15 7:27 pm - Ontario, Canada

Good luck on your surgery! I start my opti tomorrow for three weeks.  

Catw
on 3/30/15 11:33 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Good work so far!  You can keep it up.  Did want to offer a couple of suggestions.  When you feel like cheating, do something.  Do a craft, read a book, go for a walk.  Anything to get your mind off of it.  If you find you start thinking of cheating while doing the same thing, change that up a bit.

Also, think of why you are doing this diet in the first place.  Maybe take a picture of you just before you started this journey, and post it on the fridge (it does help later when everyone but you notice you have lost weight).

One last thing, keep journaling.  What you eat, what you do, and right now most importantly, how you feel.  It'll help you identify triggers later, if this comes up again.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics